But Mom did it

Said Norm never.
Until today that is.

Earlier today Norm broke down his bedroom door, actually making me think it was Perry. Turns out it was the 8 year old boy smiling as he was holding up a tablet Perry and I got him for Christmas.

"Norm! You know I hate these doors being knocked down and broken. Why did you do it to your bedroom door!?" Furrowing my eyebrows as I cross my arms.

"Because Mom did it all the time!" How can he say that with such a smile!? Ugh I'm going to teach that man a lesson I swear to Gott.

"Look mister that's not something to copy him over. I've told Perry to not knock our doors down. So I don't want to see you do it. And stop calling Perry the Platypus mom you know he hates it. Just call him dad" and he knows it. He's just having a hard time wrapping his head around the whole "2 dads" things. He's a good kid a swear just doesn't understand life.

Later Perry comes home, discarding his vest on the coat hanger. I step away from Norm's door to greet Perry, not with a kiss, but with a glare and crossed arms. I'm not letting him get away with this not after those few years of asking him to stop crashing through things because Norm was learning.

"Perry! I've told you time and time again stop smashing the doors and windows! Do you know what you were teaching our s-"

Before I can even finish my sentence I hear another door crack open. Please don't be-
I look over and see Norm break the door, I had just fixed, again.

"LOOK! He learns that from you Perry the platypus. He. Learned. It. From. You."

Of course Perry just chuckles slightly at this. I swear he's becoming the evil one here.

'I'm sorry Love. I know I know it's not a laughing matter. But an 8 year old being able to kick the door like that is amazing. I'll do something about it'

"Good! I'm tired if fixing doors and windows around here. Vanessa at least comes in like a normal human not breaking anything. Sometimes I swear I could get a discount off of doors because of how many you guys go through... Good you better talk to him. He's not listening to me right now, arschloch. I swear he's really taking after you."

Perry just chuckles again and kisses my cheek then walks to Norm's room to talk to him. Heh he might not be the sharpest tool like me but at least he understands Perry.

Watching those two talk really warms my heart. I've kind of always loved seeing how he treated the kids. Our nephews and niece, Vanessa and Norm. He's really good with them. And Norm really loves him. He's a good dad.