Chapter 1

The next morning, I woke up at seven, carefully crawling out of bed, in hopes of not waking Seth. I grab my bag before heading to the bathroom only to close the door behind me, allowing me some time to shower and get ready. Roughly a half hour had passed at this point, though, I’ve managed to shower, do my morning routine, and slip on some clothes.

I decided to wear a pair of dark blue jeggings, high waisted, of course, as well as an white crop top. Once I throw my hair up into a high ponytail, I exit the bathroom only to slip on my brown leather boots and a beige knitted poncho to match. I grab my purse before leaving Seth’s room only to find Elijah just taking a turn down the stairs.

“Morning,” I whisper quietly.

Elijah halts only to turn around and rush right back up the stairs to meet me.

“Good morning, my dear. I have a few things planned, but don’t worry, I’ll have you back here no later than noon, I promise,” Elijah spoke sincerely.

I smile sheepishly before taking a hold of his arm, allowing him to lead me down the stairs and out the front door. We hop into the limo only to find Oliver sitting in the front seat, taking off to wherever the hell Elijah told him prior.

“So, Eli, what’s all of this about? I didn’t think I’d be whisked away until tonight,” I joke, all the while questioning him.

Elijah chuckles playfully before shaking his head lightly at my joke.

“That was clever, Missy. Well then, to answer your question, I simply wanted to spend some time with you. We haven’t done this for a while and I thought, what better time than before you’re wedded? I thought this would be a good way to ease your mind and relax your nerves before the big event. Besides, I’ll also be taking you to get your hair and nails done as well. The appointments are already booked and they’re all aware that we’re in a time crunch,” Elijah explains, informing me of what’s to happen while we’re away.

I give him a doubtful look before Elijah then lets out a sigh of despair, giving into me.

“Okay, fine. They have a few surprises for you and everyone wanted to decorate while I took you away. Trust me, this was my idea first, but Seth insisted this would be the perfect opportunity for everyone to deck out the castle, and set somethings up for you as well,” Elijah confessed before adding, “Oh, and we’re headed to breakfast first, then we’ll do a bit of shopping before your nail appointment, so, your hair appointment is last. Once we get back home, there will more stylists in a your bedroom for you. And don’t worry, Seth and I will make sure you won’t see Sylas until you walk down that aisle.”

I smile happily, tears forming in my eyes at the last part he had added, making me fill with joy. I cover my face as I cry softly, overjoyed by how much thought has been put into all of this. Elijah scoots over only to wrap his arms around my shoulders, holding me close to him while he rests his chin atop my head.

“You deserve all of this and more, Missy. Don’t ever think you don’t. Just know, we love you and we’ll take care of you, and always look after you, I promise. You’re one of us and that will never change. Look, today is all about you, so, don’t worry about anything and let us take care of it. If you have any questions, worries, or concerns, simply ask or tell us, we’ll take care of everything,” Elijah attempts to reassure me, putting my mind at ease.

I hold onto Elijah tighter as I cry softly, my feelings mixed due to feeling so overwhelmed. Elijah strokes the back of my head, my hair running through his fingers while he continues to embrace me firmly in his arms. Before long, we arrived to a little cafe just on the outskirts of the city, a cute business that reminds me of a place my mom took me to when I was a kid. I carefully push myself away from Elijah only to wipe my tears away, cleaning my face up a bit to look decent before heading inside. Oliver opens my door for me, allowing me to crawl out of the back of the limo, meanwhile, Elijah exits through the other side to walk around and greet me.