18

A/N Greys Anatomy Season Three Spoiler (Try to imagine the first paragraph like how Christina went to the 99cent store and bought random items when Meredith drowned)

Aaron walks back into the hospital with a gift basket. It's been 9 hours since he first learned about her surgery. He disappeared into the town and came back with his items.

"Aaron It's good to see you man." Sean shakes his brothers hand.

"I got her some stuff she likes. Bath stuff, books, candy, a cat, just stuff she likes."

"A cat? Aaron what is going on?"

"She likes cats so I got her one. I'm just scared for her Sean." Aaron scoffs while pushing his wet hair out of his face.

"I understand how you feel, I love her too."
**********************************************************
Spencer sits by Y/N's unconscious body while the kitten wrapped himself into a ball. Purring loudly while on her stomach.

"So I'm going to ignore the cat, I'm Dr.Shepard and i'm here to talk to you. As you know Y/N had blood and swelling in her frontal lobe. This is the part of your brain where our emotions, memories, motor function, and what makes a person, themselves."

"When is she going to wake up? I know the time varies but I found cases of others who woke up after two weeks. Another woke up 3 days later. Some didn't even wake up at all. I don't even know what to do. I always know the answers, I'm a doctor but I have no idea what's going to happen."

"These things take awhile and vary with each patient. So you're a doctor?"

"Not medically just a few PH.D's."

"A few?"

"I have three."

"Good for you, have you met Dr.Kepner yet?"

"Yeah I have."

Dr Shepard smiles before leaving. Spencer looks back at Y/N with the tube in her mouth.

Sean walks in to come hold her hand. Her usual soft hands are limp and clammy. "Y/N I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you. I miss everything about you already. I miss the smell of your shampoo and perfume. The way you laugh and your terrible cooking."

Sean talks more to Y/N but Spencer walks out. The rest of the team was resting at the moment. Spencer went to the cafeteria to get a coffee, the hum of the elevator bringing him discomfort because of all the elevator deaths per year.

He walks into the cafeteria to grab a coffee from the cart. "Spencer." He turns around to see the red head.

"Dr Kepner, nice to see you."

"Call me April, so do you want to sit down? Eat something or just talk."

"Okay." He gives her a toothy smile before following her.

"Spencer this is Alex, Meredith, Jackson, and Christina. This is Spencer, his best friend was the me and Shepard's Jane Doe."

They greet him as he sits down and eats the fries on April's plate.

"So where do you work Spencer?" Meredith says taking a sip of her soda.

"I'm an FBI agent, I am a profiler." He smiles showing them his badge.

"Okay what are your favorite hobbies?"

"Reading, watching russian and french movies, oddly enough I love cooking with other people. How about you?"

"Well I love reading and hanging out at Joe's bar. And of course helping people."

"Well of course that's my favorite thing also."

They laugh as they talk longer.
**********************************************************
Grieve affects everyone differently. Spencer turned to someone for comfort and let himself be vulnerable. He found a friend, while Penelope found a quickie with a hot plastic surgeon.

Sex is a way the body forgets about the problems of life and tries to add pleasure. Emily buried herself in drinks while JJ hugs her boys and lies next to her husband.

Thanking whatever God there is that she has them safe and sound. Derek finds a 24/7 gym to distract himself, pushing himself to the limits. Sean lays in a cot in her room, never letting go of her hand.

Aaron sits in the waiting room listening to Spotify that she downloaded on his phone. He listens to all the songs she added. They all were care free feminist songs.

Y/N was Aaron's person, he needs her alive for him to be brave.