First Impressions

I grab my toothbrush and start brushing my teeth as I stare at my reflection in my bathroom mirror. I hear my mom open my bedroom door. I spit and exit my bathroom. "Hey mom what's up?" I ask her. I then notice she's wearing a gorgeous red dress, her hairs nicely done and her lips are covered in a red lipstick.

"Going out this late?" I ask with an eyebrow raised as I look at the clock in my room. 11:00 pm. "Actually me and you are going out." She says cracking a smile. "Why?" I ask. "I've had this boyfriend for a couple weeks that I haven't told you about and we're meeting him tonight at a bar." My mouth drops a bit.

"This is your first boyfriend since dad." I say with slight concern. "Don't worry Sky. Now get dressed." She says. "Why this late though?" I ask as I look through my closet for a dress. "He's a pretty wealthy man and has a lot of business so he's only available late hours." I nod telling her I understand and she leaves.

I find a short cut plain black dress. It was pretty enough for 11:00 pm after all. I make my way outside to see my mom already in the car. I hop in and she starts the car. The darkness was really creepy in the forest, I guess I just noticed this. We live in the country, specifically South Carolina. But I guess the beaches make up for it.

My mom stops in-front of this gorgeous restaurant. I've never seen it before. We walk in and sit at a table. Of course we were the only ones in there because it was so late but surprisingly it was really nice.

A couple of moments later and tall muscular man enters wearing a suit. Of course, she chose one of those rich assholes. He comes over and my mom stands up to greet him. He kisses her for almost a moment too long and then looks down at me. I quickly turn my head acting like I wasn't staring and then they both sit down.

"I'm Jasper." He says with a deep voice. I look over to him and notice he has brown hair with these bright blue eyes. "I'm Sky." I say. "Nice to meet you Sky." He says with a slight grin. "Sure, whatever." He seems a little confused at the response. I look up and we lock eye contact for a couple seconds before he looks over to my mom and they start talking.

I sit there picking my food and look up at the clock for probably the 20th time tonight or should I say morning. It was already 3:24 am and they were still talking about whatever. Suddenly my mom gets up and goes to what seems to be the restroom. There's an awkward silence for a moment before he begins to speak. "Your moms a nice lady." He says. "And pretty." I agree with my head still looking at my food.

"Bored?" He asks. I look up to him. "Can we skip the boring talk where you try to get me to be your daughter or whatever." I say abruptly. His eyes widen a little. "Alright. Can you stand up?" He asks. A confused look plants on my face but I stand up. "I really like the dress." He says with a smile. I sit back down. "I just didn't get a glimpse of what you were wearing and was curious." He explains. "Alright. Well I guess I like that suit too." I say with a sarcastic smile.

A chuckle leaves his lips. "Thanks, I have 20 like them." A laugh slightly leaves my lips as well. My mom comes back and I notice his face get serious again. He looks at me once more before again talking to my mom.

Finally they stopped. "Done talking?" I ask excited cause it was over. "Ye-" My mom begins but Jasper cuts her off. "Yes we are done. Sky I was wondering if you wanted to come ride my bike?" He asks. I didn't know he peddled all the way here on a bike, gosh. "Sure." I say with a slight smile. "Alright you two, I'll be at home probably passed out so don't stay out too late." My mom says laughing. She gets up and then leaves.

Jasper and I make our ways outside and he motions to the corner behind the restaurant. I follow him and as we turn the corner I notice a black and white motorcycle with 2 helmets. "Oh, that type of bike?" I say kind of shocked. He didn't seem to acknowledge what I said and hopped onto the motorcycle and so I did as well. We both put on the helmets and he turned on the engine. "Hold onto my waist." He said. "No way." I say. I'm not a kid I don't have to do that.

He shrugs and places his foot on the peddle. The motorcycle jerks forward and my whole body falls onto his. He laughs. I roll my eyes and wrap my hands around his waist as we drive off.