three

"He goes to our school." I said sighing. "When you meet him please just try to forget I ever dated him, please. I know he's changed and trust me, he used to be different."

He looked at me and I could feel his hand getting closer to my shoulder, I couldn't tell if he was doing it purposley or not but I was glad he wasn't backing away.

"Well I don't even know who he is." Zayn said, almost whispering into my ear. And it made my heart flutter and I felt butterflies in my stomach. I gave a small smile and bit my lip.

"You don't want to." I said barley being able to make the words come out. "But-" I cut him off. "As soon as you see him walking into school with two girls on his arms and his stupid smirk and the way his eyes look and his name sounds, you'll know its him. Okay?"

I caught my breath. I was annoyed and irritated thinking about Harry. Zayn just nodded. I saw him face drop from the corner of my eye. "I'm sorry." I said turning to face him and I moved a bit closer, maybe my force of habit.

"I just regret it." I was interupted when my phone beeped. He moved his arm and put both on his lap. I silently got annoyed and pulled out my phone. It was my mom.

"Sorry, it's my mom." I said looking at him apoligeticly. He put his hands up as if to say, 'it's fine'.

Mom: Hudson and I are going to be a bit later, can you make yourself dinner?

I looked at the time, it was almost 6. "Omg, it's almost 6. Have we really been here for 2 hours?" He chuckled, and it was hot. "Yeah, do you need to be getting home soon?" He asked leaning over with his elbows on his knees.

"Yeah, I have to make dinner since my mom and brother aren't home." He stood up sensing I had to be going soon. "What about your dad?" He asked as he started to walk down to the path.

"I'll tell you that story another time."

"I'll see you tommorrow tho." He said as we walked in the direction of my road. I nodded and smiled. "Can't wait!" I exclaimed and we both laughed.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" He suggested. I looked at the sky, it was getting dark. I shook my head, "You should be getting home yourself, it's getting dark out."

He nodded looking a bit sad but realizing I only said it because I cared about him. "I'll see you tommorrow." He nodded and started walking in the other direction. As I walked a bit father I turned around and saw him quickly jet his head back around.

I giggled to myself.

I had never felt like this before. It was a short walk back to my house and all I was thinking about was Zayn. The way he said his name, the way he said my name, the way he told me how much he wanted to know about me, how he smiled and you could see his dimple, and how he rubbed his hands through his hair, and his sexy accent, and his bad boy vibe but then he's really cute and shy.

I made myself dinner barley thinking about what I was doing I was just paying attention to Zayn.

I wonder if he's thinking about me. I wonder if everyone else in school will start liking him. I wonder if everyone else finds him perfect. I wonder if he'll forget about me. I wonder if he's exactly like Harry. I wonder how in love I am with him right now.

I sat alone at the dinner table, I was too busy lost in my thoughts to feel sorry for myself. I quickly took a shower and flopped back down onto my bed. I went to sleep with a smile, the first time in months.

I actually felt happy.

I woke up the next morning startled by my alarm clock. I rolled on my side like I do every morning but then I realized, I would see Zayn today.

I jumped up, thinking long and hard about what to wear. I wore a cute crew neck with tight fitting jeans.

I did my makeup care fully, brushing on my foundation making sure it was even in all places. I did a light natural eye shadow from the naked pallete with the eyeliner and mascara I usually do.

I had a granola bar before I brushed my teeth, sprayed on perfume, put on my combat boots and walked out the door.

I drove my car to school and got out, a bit nervous but trying to feel confident. I walked into school and instantly started searching for Zayn and his jet black hair.

My best friend Cat walked up to me. "Hey Brit." She joined me at my Locker. I gave a small smile and started shoving books in my locker and hesitantly looking around.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you looking at?" I slammed my locker twisting it closed. " I decided to keep Zayn my secret. "What do you mean?" We started walking toward our first class.

Then I saw what I had been thinking about for the past 12 hours. Zayn. Malik. I smiled and walked toward him.

"Hey" I said in a flirtatious voice. He smiled back and looked down. I instantly got confused. "Zayn, what's wrong?" I heard Cat behind me asking who this was.

I pushed her off and he looked back up at me. Then I could tell, through his apologetic eyes. He was so scared. Hes a shy little boy.

I felt my heart flutter and I just wanted to hug him and tell him it would be alright. "Here come with me" I guided him to my first class so I could see his schedule.

I could see peoples eyes on us and everyone mummering about "the new kid". I ignored them but I could tell Zayn wasn't. I didn't even want to know what they were thinking about.

As soon as we were safe in the class with only 2 or 3 people sitting down quietly keeping to themselves Zayn handed me the wrinkled piece of paper.

"Sorry." He said as I tried to smooth out an edge, I shook my head saying, "It's fine" under my breath.

"I'm nervous." He quickly said, rushing the words. Sounding nothing like how he did yesterday. He sounded brave and rebellious yesterday, today he sounded shy and confused.

Cat quickly stumbled through the door way giving me a questioning look as if, why was I hanging out with this new kid.

Zayn shyly looked up and ran his fingers through his hair, the nervous habit he has. And Cat soon sauntered over noticing how attractive he was.

I gave her a death stare, that she couldn't see and handed Zayn back the paper.

"Lucky you, we have ALL the same classes together!" I tried to contain my excitement. And he gave a small smile.

After we had our brief moment of gazing into each others eyes, Cat came in and ruined it.

A/N: im really liking this book omg. please vote and comment and add to ur library xoxo