Chapter 38

*Y/N's POV*

He turned and closed the door behind us. 

I can't even go from here, now that his mother saw me. I'll seem pretty rude to her if I do that. So basically I have no choice but to stay here. 

I thought as I gave a loud sigh and sat on the bed. I looked around his room and it was a small and tidy room. There was a table at his bedside, a bookshelf in the corner, and a study table, all tidied up.

"How do you keep your room so clean"? I asked looking around.

"Oh, well it just, it's just my habit". He replied as he sat on the bed too.

I turned my face to look at him. Thump. I heard. Thump. I heard again. Thump-thump. Is it my heart? Oh my god, it is! As I looked at him, the beating of my heart kept increasing.

"Are you...okay"? Kim asked.

"Huh? Yeah, yeah I'm all good. I want some water".

"Yeah, wait just a minute". He said as he got up to pour some water for me as I stared at him.

Yep. He IS Hyunjae's brother. Resembles him so much. The fake smile, the fake aura of positivity, the fake brightness, yep, just like Hyunjae. The same way of making me hate him. Just like Hyunjae. The same way of leaving a person alone for his own personal reason, yep just like Hyunjae. Kim hasn't left yet but he will too. But I'll not give him the power to hurt me because I have no intention of getting close to him. I just fear for Jungkook...

"Water"? He asked and smiled at me. I took the water from him still staring right into his eyes.

"What do you get from all this?" I asked him.

"From what?" He asked.

"From this fake persona of yours."

He smiled and sat down beside me as I looked at him.

"Y/n...not everything you see around you is fake. I know about him, your friend, Hyunjae. And I know how much you hate him, and me too because you say we look alike. Maybe we do. Maybe we even have the same personality," He smiled as he looked into my eyes and came and sat beside me, "I don't remember doing anything to you that may have hurt you. Hating Hyunjae and yelling at me wouldn't bring him back to you, no matter what. Think about it, he was suffering inside, and now he's free. He's free from all pain. No, I'm not saying that death is the only way of ending all suffering. He should've believed in you and Jungkook. He should've talked to his friends. I understand how you feel Y/n. I too have lost my loved ones." 

I just stared at him. I wonder how he'll feel once he finds out that, Hyunjae was his brother and the one who made his life better. He smiled at me.

How can he smile after all this?

He took my hand in his and squeezed it. 

"I'm not asking you to stop hating me or something. I'm not asking you to be close to me. If hating me makes you feel any better then go ahead, keep hating me. At least, I'll know that it makes you feel better and that would make me feel happy too. However, I wouldn't stop trying to get close to you. You Y/n have taught me many things and I would want to be friends with you. You can go ahead and throw the whole glass of water on me right now if you want to. I won't say a word." He said as he let go of my hand and gestured for me to throw water on him.

I gripped the glass tightly and drank the whole glass in one breath.

"I'm alright now, so I'll just go home". I said and got up to leave.

"Wait!" He said as he got up and went to his drawer. He took out a small, neat box, covered with blue velvet with a black ribbon around it. 

"Here, this is for you. Please take it." He bowed as he said this. I just stared at him in disbelief.

"Are you seriously giving me a gift after all this?"

"Please take. Please! Please! Please! Please!" He made a puppy face as he shoved the box into my hand.

"Alright! Shut up and stop with that yucky face. I'm taking it." I said and opened the door to leave and he followed behind. I half-ran to the main door as I wanted to leave as quickly as possible. 

"Are you leaving already?" Kim's mom asked me.

"Y-Yeah, actually, I've things to do."

"Aw too bad. Here I thought I could talk to you since this is the first time Tae brought a friend over. But it's alright," she smiled brightly, "we can talk another time. You'll come next time right?" She asked and I couldn't deny so I just yes with a straight face. Without a glance back at Kim I left his house. I looked up at the cherry blossom tree outside his house and the birds chirping around it. 

"How come I didn't notice it? Was the world always this beautiful? Or was I just neglecting it?" I shook my head and then headed toward my house, with the blue box hidden in my pockets, beneath my fingers. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

was the chapter good?