Chapter 54

*Taehyung's pov*

"Ta-da! All done." Jungkook grinned as I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

"Woah!" I exclaimed, "You've put in some effort Jungkook. What if I look more beautiful than y/n?" I laughed as I admired my reflection.

"I know right? If I were gay I would've fallen for you the first day we met but don't be sad, you're still getting y/n." He laughed. 

I checked the time. 

"It's 6:45 right now. Only 15 minutes left. Shall we head there then?" I asked Jungkook as he nodded in excitement.

"Hop in." He said upon reaching the car. 

Phew...I'm hella nervous...God be good.

We reached the park and got off the car. My eyes began to wander as I looked for y/n as soon as I got off the car. 

"Where is she?" I asked Jungkook.

"How would I know? She'll be here any minute, I'm sure. Let's head inside. No! Wait! You go first, I'll be back." He said and dashed off leaving me behind.

This guy aish...

I walked towards the entry and saw several fairy lights hanging there, like twinkling stars.

"Wow..." I said in awe as I walked in.

It felt like I was walking down an aisle. The path was beautifully decorated with candles and roses. I kept walking and saw a big circle surrounded by candles and rose petals. 

"All this...for me?" I whispered to myself. Do I even deserve this all? Am I even worthy of all this? 

My eyes filled with tears as I admired all the efforts she put in just for me. For the first time in my life, I felt like I was truly loved. If I told my past self that this day would come, he'd never believe it. Even now, I can't believe someone would do this much for a worthless guy like me.

"Hi." I heard the familiar voice. 

Y/n...

I quickly turned around and saw her. The girl, I'm blessed to have met. The girl, who changed my life. The girl, I can't imagine my future without. The girl...I've truly come to love and would love even if she doesn't, for the rest of my life. 

She looked as gorgeous as ever

She looked as gorgeous as ever. She's always so beautiful. She smiled. I couldn't control my tears after seeing her and I wasn't even aware as they were flowing down my cheeks.

She walked towards me so that she was standing right in front of me, smiling. I longed so much to see that smile. She wiped my tears with her thumb as more of them flow from my eyes. I took her hand in mine. 

"I- I don't deserve this all, y/n. I'm not worthy. I don't even deserve someone as beautiful as you. You've given me too much, how would I ever thank you for all the love you've shown me? Y-You changed my life, I can't-" She put her index finger on my lips to shush me.

"Shh. Don't talk. No more of you talking, now listen to me." She took my hand and tangled our fingers together. 

"Kim Taehyung. You say that you don't deserve me, but is that true? Yes, yes it is. You don't deserve such ill-treatment that I gave you. You don't deserve all that hate that I gave you. You don't deserve this awful Y/n. I made you suffer so, so much. I don't even know how would I repent for all that I've done. You say that you're not worthy of me when in reality, it should be me. I'm not at all worthy of you and I know that. I know that such a beautiful soul like yours should never be with such an awful soul like me. 

You changed me, Kim Taehyung. You took away all that darkness in me and filled it with light again. I was all broken and I thought I will never be okay after losing Hyunjae but then, you. You showed me that I was wrong, that life had much more meaning than that. You showed me that I could be happy again." Her eyes were red and swollen, the tears just wouldn't stop as she cried.

I didn't wipe her tears. Let her cry, let it out. She'll be relieved after this. Seeing her cry, I couldn't control my tears even if though I tried.

"Today, I called you here to let you know everything that I couldn't tell you. I want you to know everything." She continued, "Kim Taehyung..." she met my eyes and said, "I love you."

My heart skipped a beat. It gave a loud thump in my chest and it was like I couldn't breathe. I couldn't understand whether I heard her wrong or did she really love me. 

"Wh....a.." She again shushed me.

"It's okay if you don't feel the same way. It doesn't matter because I love you and will keep on loving you even if you don't."

"Who said that?"

"Huh?"

"Who said I don't feel the same way? I don't remember saying that."

"What..."

"Y/n-ah. You may have never noticed but the truth is that I was in love with you from the start. You were just too busy to notice me falling for you every second. I didn't care about the way you were treating me. Yes, it hurt me that you hated me but at least I could see you. I love you, y/n. I have always loved you. Today, tomorrow, forever, I will only and only love you."

"You..." She broke down crying as I pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I hurt you so much. I'm sorry I never noticed. I focused on myself and my past and never bothered to see how everyone else was. I'm sorry. I love you. Today, tomorrow, forever."

I broke the hug and stared at her, smiling. She grabbed my neck and pulled me into a kiss. It was the second kiss we had. A long kiss, as all of our fear, sorrow, and grief melted away. I never ever want to be away from her. I will make up for all the trauma she had by giving her so much love that she'll be the happiest person. I'll always be there for her, no matter what. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, it happened. Sorry, I was really busy and couldn't upload it. I made yall wait so much. I'm really sorry. Soon "Cold love" will come to an end. <3  xoxo!