• Chapter 6 •

---
❝...there's no need to be so formal. I don't bite.❞
---

Sighing as you put down your book, you pull out your earbuds and place them on the adjacent shelf. You'd learned a few good techniques, but hadn't researched enough to know how to use them. Too bad. They knock on the door again, this time more aggressive. 'God, give me a second,' you think to yourself.

Opening the door, you shift your gaze upwards to make eye contact with the tall man. "Hello! Sorry to cut your little research study short, but you're needed in the field for training," he says, bending down slightly so he's more on your level. 'How did he know I was researching?' "Alright, I'll be right ou-" you hesitantly start, but he cuts you off. "Oh! And, your uniform finally got here." He pulls out an outfit from inside his jacket, and you question whether it's clean or not. "Just call me if you need adjustments made. Bye bye!" he says, running off oddly.

'Why are my interactions with him always so weird?' you ask yourself. Shaking your head, you close the door and decide to change into the uniform for training. You slip off your sweatshirt and leggings and swap them for the top and skirt. You eye the shirt before putting it on; it looked awfully small. Buttoning it around your chest in the front, you realize it's just cropped. 'But isn't this a bit much?' you think, looking at yourself in the mirror.

The short-sleeved top was cropped right underneath your chest, and was hanging loosely from your bust due to the material. The black hood on the back was softer than the main material, and added a bit of flare to the otherwise plain top. You pull it over your head, and the large amount of fabric forms a sort of triangular shape around your face. 'Seems useless, but it is pretty.'

The skirt you'd already put on was cut halfway down your thighs, and all in all the outfit showed quite a bit of skin. You tug your top down and put on you shoes, then walk out the door. You hood sways behind you as you start to pick up speed, running through the halls to make it to the track.

Finally making it to the training area, Maki notices you and runs to meet you. "Hey, took you long enough," she says, scanning your new uniform with her eyes. "Yeah, I was just changing into this so I could get used to fighting in it," you say, a little embarrassed. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I was just looking at your uniform."

"What about it?"

"Well, when you're swinging your arms around and all, won't the top..." She bring her hands in front of her and lifts them upwards. "Won't your chest be exposed?" she says in a quieter tone. "O- oh! I never even thought of that!" you say, pressing the top to your chest to make sure nothing shows. "I thought it was a little much, do you think I forgot something?"

Just as Maki is about to answer, Panda yells over to you, with Inumaki hanging from his arms. "Heeeey! What are you guys doing over there? This isn't the time for gossip, ya know!" Maki ignores him, and the two start walking towards you. Getting fidgety, you urge Maki to finish up. You really don't want anyone seeing you like this, especially him. "Yeah, you probably forgot something. You should go check what that geezer brought you again."

"Alrightthanksseeyoulaterbye!!" you yell to her, already running in the opposite direction. She chuckles. "What was that about?" Panda says from directly behind Maki. Startled, she responds, "Why you-" "H- hey, I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!" he says, running in the opposite direction. The girl chases after him, and Inumaki walks back steadily, throwing a glance at your sprinting body.

Finally making it back, you shut the door and sit on the floor, panting for air. You look in the mirror to see your face a bright red. You don't know if it's from embarrassment or because you sprinted all the way here. Taking deep breaths, you eye every corner of your room, looking for something you might've missed. 'I don't see anything... Is this really how my uniform is meant to be? No, there's no way.'

'Maybe it was Gojo-sensei who forgot something. Might as well check.' You open your door, preparing to exit the room. Deciding against leaving just yet, you close it and open a drawer of your dresser. You unclasp the button in the front and take the top off, then tuck a white shirt into your skirt before putting the top back on. You lift your arms to double-check, and everything seems fine. You leave the room, and decide to head outside to look for the faculty building.

Exiting the building, you spot the spiky-haired ravenette leaving the building next to yours. Hoping he can help you find your teacher, you open your mouth to get his attention, only for nothing to come out. 'Oh god, what was his name again?' you think to yourself, wracking your brain. You stop walking and decide to wave at him to see if he responds. He doesn't notice. Sighing in defeat, you walk over to him slowly.

He catches you out of the corner of his eye and stops walking. "Oh, hey L/n-senpai." "Hey..." you respond quietly. 'It doesn't help that he remembers my name!' You can feel your face getting warm from the awkwardness, so you avoid eye contact and look downwards. "Is there something you need? I need to get to this mission as quickly as possible." You imagine the cold glare he always wears looking down at you, and your face seems to raise a few degrees.

"I apologize for interrupting. I don't mean to bother you, but do you know where the faculty building is? I need to find Gojo-sensei." You repeat the words you just said in your head, trying to figure out if you sounded stupid or not.

"I doubt he'll be in the building, but it's right next to those trees other there." He points to a building slightly separated from the others, and you follow his hand with your eyes. "Oh, thank you!" you respond, bowing slightly. "Don't worry about it," he says already walking away. "And, there's no need to be so formal. I don't bite."