Chapter 3

Age 9

Y/N L/N p.o.v

It was too much, too much to handle. One moment they were on their way to the mall and the other in a car crash. It happened so fast, faster than the speed of light and a blink of an eye. A car wanted to overtake us but was too slow causing another car from the opposing lane to crash into it, resulting in it crashing into ours as well.

No car could pass, a barrier had been formed by the line of cars that had crashed. Blood flowed from the palms of my hand and coated my forehead with cuts along the scrapes and burns on my legs. The car had been flipped upside down and I was starting to get dizzy, I unbuckled my belt and fell with a thud onto the roof of the car.

I screamed in pain as I fell on my leg, hearing sirens from the distance getting louder and louder. I crawled over to the front row and shook Dad's arms.

"Dad!" I screamed into his ear, shaking him furiously. He had blood covering his entire face, his neck was bent to the side and the airbag was a deflated balloon. I yelled out to him once more before checking on Mom.

"Mom!" I screamed out to her and shook her shoulders. She was lying limp in her seat, her belt holding her upside down as her legs dangled, looking as if she were standing on all fours. Her eyes were rolled to the back of her head, leaving only a white milky color to be seen.

Loud and many footsteps approached the car and I heard many muffled voices coming from outside the car. They were police officers and one was staring at me as if I had grown 2 heads.

"Quick! Seems like there is a kid in there as well as their parents!"

"Try to get them out without injuring any of them any further!"

"Got it!" The officer who could see me made a motion with his hand, indicating for me to back up. I backed up and took a few steps back waiting for what the officer was supposed to do.

"Paramedics will arrive very shortly!"

"Quick! Get them out! No time to waste!" The officer uses a small tool and flicks it at the window, allowing it to shatter into several small pieces.

"Opened the window!" The officer yells out, clearing out any glass with a brush to allow me to crawl out safely. "Come here sweetie, we'll get you out." The officer tells me as I nod my head. I slowly crawl out as I wince in pain, pausing to forget about the pain and continue moving.

I finally reach the window of the car and the officer pulls me out, rushing me in their arms to the ambulance a few feet away. My head bobs up and down to the movement as my eyes start to droop. The officer looks at me and yells to notify the other officers and paramedics on sight.

"She's still awake! Treat her immediately! It seems like she's the only one with a pulse!" The paramedics nod their heads and place me on the bed in the ambulance before driving me away to the nearest hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beep

Beep

Beep

The smell of disinfection swims in the air as I prop myself up with my elbows on the hospital bed. I look to my right and my left. Huh? Where are mom and dad? Where are they?

BeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeep

The beeping increased as all these thoughts ran through my head. Are they okay? Are they safe? Can I see them? Why are they not here with me? Where are they?

BeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeep

A doctor and a few nurses rush into my room, I gasp and sink further into the thin hospital blankets.

"Sweetie, everything's okay! Calm down! You're safe!" The doctor rubbed my forehead, pulling the thin blanket down. I sit up straight as she rubs circles on my back, wrapping me in a warm embrace.

"Where are they? Mom and Dad?" I sniffle rubbing my red eyes and hearing her sigh. "Sorry sweetie, they- they didn't make it..." I shifted to get out of the doctor's embrace, sitting with my hands placed above my lap.

Third person p.o.v

She looks down at her hands watching the tears drop onto them and ending with a small splash. The doctor gasped but hid it with her hand covering her mouth. She shakes her head as she pats the h/c girl's head.

She stood up and made her way to the door, quietly telling me that I had visitors whilst whispering a few more words to a nurse that I could barely hear along with a sigh.

" I feel so sorry for her, she's the only one who survived the car crash."

She slowly closed the door, leaving the crying girl on the hospital bed all alone to cry some more. Y/N kept on rubbing her e/c eyes, making them turn red. She sobs some more until she hears a knock on the door.

"C-come in." She whispers, loud enough for the people at the door to hear. They walk inside with expressions of grief.

"Y/N, you doing okay, honey?" She looks up at one of the people in front of her with their arms open.

"Aunt M-Mitsuki!" She sniffled as the lady nodded her head in confirmation. Y/N stands up and waddles to her aunt as she jumps into her embrace. She cries some more as Aunt Mitsuki rocks her back and forth.

"You know," Y/N looks up at her aunt as she holds onto her. "You could stay with us." The little girl's eyes lit up as she slowly nodded her head. "Is that fine, dear?" Uncle Masaru nods his head, motioning to the boy on the spinning stool.

"Is that fine with you too, Katsuki?" Her son opens his mouth to answer her, but she ignores him and tickles little Y/N.

"Yeah, he's too slow to answer. Anyways- You'll stay with us, okay?" Aunt Mitsuki says, trying to light up the mood. With luck by her side, it worked. Y/N frantically nods her head as Aunt Mitsuki wraps her in one more tight embrace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N L/N p.o.v

"Hi, mom and dad." I sniffled, rubbing my eyes as I hugged my translucent parents. "Hi, honey." "Hey, princess." Mom pats my shoulder whilst Dad ruffles my hair. "I miss you..." I slowly say, dragging out the word you. Mom sighs, bending down to my level with a ghost smile. Dad pushed a strand of hand behind my ear as Mom cups my face with her cold transparent hands.

"Baby, we're still here. Still in front of you thanks to your quirk. Look at us, we're still happy. Still happy we can be with you even though we are just spirits." She gave me a warm smile, carrying me in her arms, making her way to the lonely bench where Kai was sitting and waiting.

"We'll live on and you will remember us, sweetheart," Dad says, taking a seat next to Kai while Mom just stands next to him. "You know why?" Dad pokes my nose as I giggle whilst shaking my head. "We'll always be in your heart." Mom answers for Dad, pointing at my heart.

"You'll also have to train," I look at Dad with a smile. "You'll have to train hard, your mother and I-"

"And me!" Kai yells with a giddy smile, dad shakes his head and adds. "And Kai will help you with your training. With and without your quirk." We stayed under the lonely tree for a few more hours until Uncle Masaru came to pick me up.

"Bye, mom, dad, and Kai! See you the next time I visit!" I wave as Uncle Masaru takes hold of my hand and takes me to the car, where we sit in awkward silence.

"We're having spicy curry for dinner, tonight." He starts, hoping I will continue the conversation. "Oh! Do you think we could have ebi furai on the side!?" He smiles, looking through the mirror. "Sure." I nod my head, placing my elbow on the cup holder with my chin resting upon it, gazing until we arrive at the Bakugo household.