What Are You Hiding?

*trigger warning*

Roman walks into the kitchen and opens the refrigerator grabbing a bottle of water. Roman felt his father's presence enter the room.

"How did you get her to come to you?"

"Papa you should know by now I got eyes and ears everywhere. I knew where she would be so I had to make a deal to get her."

"Make sure you keep her alive, Roman. This isn't your fight."

"Papa, you made it my fight when you asked me to get her for you."

"I don't want your hands to get bloody. You are almost as evil as your old man.

"I am not worried about that. It's about getting back what was taken from you years ago. I am just helping you get revenge."

Roman's father grabs two places from the cabinet, lifting the glass cake holder slicing two pieces of cake. He pulled two gold plated forks from the drawer, sliding down the plate to Roman. Both of them sitting at opposite ends of the marble island. They ate in silence as they often did when they were alone together.

Nico walks into the kitchen, " Wow the classic father and son bond, what crime are we committing tonight?"

Roman glares over at Nico, getting up from his seat at the island. Roman looked Nico looked him up and down before brushing his shoulder, passing him to put his plate into the stainless steel farmhouse style sink.

"Very funny, you think that you are so goddamn funny. Just funny, even if we were doing anything illegal you want nothing to do with the family business."

"No you have been shielding it from me ever since he died. If I want to be a part you can't stop me. I can make my own choices."

"That's your argument that he died and I wouldn't let you join us. That fucking excuse is getting old I hope you know that. Man the fuck up Nico you aren't a kid anymore. "

"You are a fucking bully, no wonder Coach West told you to leave the match early because you were ready to kill that kid from the other school. If it wasn't for that girl you were with, you probably would be sitting in county jail. Waiting for Papa to come bail your ass out again."

"Roman Xavier Angello"

"All I did was choke him a little, he was fine after coach pulled me off of him. So his windpipes are a little bruised. He can handle it."

"That is no fucking excuse Roman, if you keep this up you are going to get expelled especially during your senior year. You need to control yourself and that temper."

"Then get your son away from me before he gets his ass kicked. I don't need school anyways, I only do it because Mama forced me into it."

"So you aren't going to stay in school for that girl."

"Roman, what girl is he talking about ?"

"Nico just shut the fuck up. A girl I met at the Masquerade ball for school. We have been working on some projects for school together."

"Bullshit you dragged her into the family drama so you have to protect her."

"You weren't fucking there, she didn't run so I had no choice but to protect her."

"Bambino what happened?"

"The Vipers happened that's what, but it's handled now no one has come after me."

"No one got hurt did they?"

"Only one kid I know could have ended so much worse."

"Bro you said way too casual, have you gone completely heartless?"