arthur shelby - this good imagine

requested by @cherryqueenn
- the character is called mary.
- elements of a scene in season six, episode five in this. so spoilers for season six⚠️
- also nsfw warning towards the end⚠️
~~~

i wake up for another day of work here in small heath.

a few years ago i moved to birmingham and i met finn shelby.

we immediately clicked and he knew i was looking for a job, so he was friendly enough to get me one at the garrison!

he is the owner, so i got the job quick and was ready to start work that same day.

i know he is a gangster and is a brother of the leader of the peaky blinders. but he is sweet when you get to know him.

i work in one of the rooms behind the bar of the garrison. i also live in the bedroom, up the stairs of the garrison.

i work as a person for the birmingham men to go to. to listen to their problems, give them advice, keep their secrets and other things like that.

majority of the time, a man comes in to speak about their time in the war.

so many men have such bad trauma from the war, and a piece of my heart breaks after hearing all the stories from some of the men that come to visit me.

of course, being your usual human i have had my fair share of terrifying experiences. my last relationship was the worst for me, but i don't want to get into that.

it all ended just over a year ago and i have moved on, becoming much stronger.

third person:

good men confess to god, birmingham's confess to her.

everyone feels comfortable speaking with mary, especially finnigan shelby.

he had grown a crush on her for the past seven months they had been friends. very close friends.

not friends with benefits though, not that close.

most of the times that both finn and mary hang out is during the night.

when small heath is at its quietest, and no one can interrupt their deep conversations.

but mary would never let herself grow feelings for finn.

she had been hurt too much in her last relationship to ever trust anyone like she used to.

arthur shelby's point of view:

this referee is really getting on my nerves.

and i think billy has been in the family for long enough now.

i signal isaiah to grab the referee from behind, so he can't defend himself.

myself grabbing billy, "you've been in the family long enough."

billy flinches, trying to step back.

"it's time for you to get blooded." i grabbed billy by his collar.

finn tries to intercept "arthur, you can't."