087 ; three + one?

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

"SIT DOWN. PLEASE"

you take a seat next to hermione on the table, putting your feet on the chair.

"now the moment you've all been waiting for. the champion selection"

dumbledore brings his arm around, dimming all the flames and walking up to the goblet, placing his hands on it.

he steps back as the flame turns a pinkish-red, it spits out a piece of paper and dumbledore catches it in his fingers.

he unfolds it, reading it aloud.

"the durmstrang champion is.. viktor krum!"

you clap, nudging hermione with a small wink.

krum steps up, shaking dumbledore's hand and walking over by the other teachers.

the flame turned the pinkish-red again, spitting out another piece of paper.

"the champion for beauxbatons.. is fleur delacour"

she steps up with a smile, shaking dumbledore's hand and joining krum.

and the final piece of paper shoots out, "the hogwarts champion, cedric diggory!"

and now it was hermione's turn to nudge you, you scoff playfully, clapping along with everyone else.

"excellent! we now have our three champions! but in the end, only one will go down in history. only one will hoist this chalice of champions.." mr. crouch places something on the table, it was covered in a sheet.

"this vessel of victory.. the triwizard cup!"

the sheet comes of the thing, revealing a pretty blue chalice with silver handles in the shape of dragons, your lips part, "oo~ that's pretty!"

but all attention turns to the goblet as the fire starts to spin again, turning the same pinkish-red and shooting out another piece of paper.

you blink, "but aren't there only three champions?"

dumbledore catches the paper, muttering something before looking around, "harry potter?"

your eyes widen in shock.

"harry potter!" dumbledore shouts.

"go on, harry" hermione says, you push him slightly, "go, go"

he stays seated, "harry, for goodness sake" she pushes him up, he slowly walks over.

you furrow your eyebrows in confusion,

did harry put his name in the goblet without telling us? no.. he wouldn't do that. would he?

dumbledore hands him the paper, everyone watches silently for a moment before they all start to mutter.

"he's a cheat!"

"he's not even 17 yet!"

you and hermione look at each other as they're all escorted out of the room.

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

words ; 397

date posted ; 22/04/22