088 ; we're not owls 🙄

•━━━ ✽ • ✽ ━━━•

•━━━ ✽ • ✽ ━━━•

HARRY WAS THE NEW TALK OF THE SCHOOL.

everyone was saying how he was a cheater and didn't deserve to compete, draco seemed to be getting a lot of joy from this.

ron was set with thinking harry had put his name in the goblet, and he wouldn't bother to listen if you you or him tried to say he wouldn't do that.

you were sure he hadn't, that wasn't like harry.

hermione was in the middle, you were both kind of distancing yourself from the two of them, not wanting to take sides.

but you both had made a sort of inside joke about teasing each other about boys, anytime you saw krum and were with hermione, you would let out a big obnoxious sigh, more than once gaining a look from him to which he would give a small smile at hermione.

as payback, whenever cedric walked passed you both, or you would tell hermione you had a tutoring lesson, she would just start laughing. both of the boys seemed confused since you passed each other quite often.

letting out a small sigh, you pick up a newspaper and plop next to hermione on a window cill by the courtyard.

scanning the words, you sigh.

"harry potter, age 12.. is this lady dumb? he's not even 12.." shaking your head, you continue "suspect entrant in the triwizard tournament. his eyes swimming with the ghosts of his past and choking back tears"

you close the newspaper, not bearing to read anymore.

you sigh out exasperatedly, "this is so stupid! why would harry put his name in the goblet?"

hermione shrugs, more focused on her book.

reminding you that you should probably do some more of the history of magic homework cedric had assigned, you had complained but he said it would help you.

hermione sniggers, "doing your boyfriends homework?"

you smack her arm with the book, "shut up!"

you both laugh, you take out some ink and your quill, reading over the text and answering some questions.

you shake your head, "i hate history of magic"

hermione closes her book, "i think it's rather fascinating. but mr. binns can get quite boring"

you nod, mr. binns was your only ghost teacher and would drag his words along, mostly everyone slept in his class.

but somehow, cedric was good at it, like every other subject. he just seemed perfect in every way, amazing grades, good looks and a great personality? what more could you wish for?

but you sigh out slightly, putting away your ink and quill as ron walks up, he started saying that someone told someone that hagrid needed harry or something, and since he didn't want to talk to him that you two had to do it.

rolling your eyes and shaking your head you pack up your parchment, rolling it up and putting it in your bag.

you put your bag over your shoulder as you all walk off down to the lake where harry was, halfway there, ginny trotted over, "what are you guys doing?"

hermione rolls her eyes, "ronald needs us to tell harry something because he's too much of a baby to do it himself"

ginny laughs, tagging along with you all.

as you make it to the lake, you wave at neville who was waving at you all.

he smiles slightly, looking to the side with a small blush.

"it's already been through enough people. why don't you just go and talk to him yourself?" hermione says to ron, "ron, this is your problem, not ours"

you look at him, "what do you want us to say again?" you whisper.

he whispers it to you both, "go"

sighing out you both walk over to harry, "ronald would like us to tell you"

"that seamus told him that dean was told by parvati" you continue, "that hagrid's looking for you" hermione finishes.

"is that right? well- what?"

"uhmm"

you both walk back over to ron.

"are you sure you won't do it?"

"no. you go"

you walk up again, "dean was told by parvati that.. please don't ask us to say it again"

"hagrid's looking for you" you say simply, both walking back over ron.

"well, you can tell ron-"

"we're not owls!"

hermione storms off, you and ginny follow with her with ron tagging behind.

•━━━ ✽ • ✽ ━━━•

•━━━ ✽ • ✽ ━━━•

words ; 714

date posted ; 22/04/22

©_behindyou_