Chapter 4

Why was I just standing here letting Mandy pounce all over my man?! She had her chance and she ruined it. This was not some reunion. And as far as I can tell, Hunter does not want her on him.

I moved forward to shove the two of them apart.

"Um, that's enough," I tell her while rolling my eyes.

I would've pushed her further, but I wouldn't dare cause a scene in front of Hunter's family who I didn't need to stereotype me anymore than they already have before. But Mandy doesn't let my shove faze her. She continues to stare at Hunter with awe in her eyes. She smiles at him hugely as if he were some big celebrity.

"Hunter, what's wrong?" She asks, her smile beginning to shift into worry.

"What are you doing here?"

That did not come out of Hunter's mouth. I turned and realized that it came from Nick.

"Oh hey Nick, I barely noticed you." Mandy says.

"Do you ever?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

"No, not really." She answers truthfully.

I arched my eyebrows. Who the hell does this girl think she is? I open my mouth to say something, but I was cut off.

"I—I'm in shock," Hunter finally manages to say after moments of silence.

Your ex-girlfriend is standing in front of you after I just had to pull her off of you because you wouldn't do anything, and all you can say is that you're in shock? What is this?!

"I know it's been a few years, but Mom wanted to move back here." Mandy explains.

"Wait what? You live here now?" Nick asks, since Hunter acts like he can't speak.

"Yes!!"!Mandy was beaming of joy. "Isn't that great?"

No one answered, and Mandy didn't seem to care. She just continued to gaze at Hunter with that same awestruck look. My eyes narrowed on Mandy, analyzing her. I don't know what she was expecting by coming here but she doesn't need to be around Hunter. And he definitely doesn't need to be around her. Exes as friends never work. There's always drama that they bring with them.

"Mandy, can I talk to you for a moment?" Hunter asks.

"Yeah, sure." She nods.

Hunter's eyes meet mine and I advert my gaze but was able to still see him turn and go talk to her privately. I wasn't mad at Hunter; I mean it wasn't his fault that she was back. I just wish he would say something.

All I know is that this girl might wanna check herself before she wrecks herself. That was lame. But seriously.

"I'm going to get something to drink." I say abruptly.

"So...you're not going to play anymore?" Nick asks.

"Obviously not." I mumble.

"I'll come with you, Asia." Cassie suggests. I nod in agreement and the two of us make our way to where the drinks were located.

"Be really careful of that girl," Cassie mumbles so low that I had to question myself on whether I even really heard it or not.

I looked up at her with wide and bemused eyes. She was looking at me with a serious face. "Why?"

"She's very conniving, Asia. That girl doesn't have a decent bone in her body."

"So you know her?"

"Of course I know her. Sometimes I wish I didn't."

I reach over to grab a water bottle and she grabs a soda.