Chapter Seven

~ -Haley! Get your ass up and come here to help us!

     Oh no... My mum's angry voice is the last thing I want to hear in the morning. I look up at my alarm clock and it's only 10:37am, I don't know why she's so upset...

 -What is it? -I ask while going down the stairs.

 -We're needing your help down here!

 -For what?

 -To help us! Go get dressed and come here!

    I walked towards my room once again and closed the door. I opened my laptop just to see if Simon had already answered, but apparently not. I'm dying to know what is it.

    I chose the clothes I wanted and rushed to the bathroom to get a quick shower. In less than 15 minutes I was ready.

 -Haley! I need your help!

    I went down the stairs while putting my hair into a ponytail. When I arrived at the kitchen, I saw my mum trying to bake a cake.

 -Honey, you know I'm not as good as you... Please help me.

    I smiled and took care of it. About two years ago, me and Mia took a small baking workshop together. We both had a dream of opening a cupcake shop when we were older, so we tried to learn as many things as we could.

 -The cake will be ready in 10 minutes, then I'll have to decorate. Did we bring my decorating tools here?

 -Yes, they're right here.

    My mum reached for a bag which had all of my cake supplies.

    I looked back and saw my brother actually helping for once. He was helping my mum setting up the table.

 -Hurry up, they're almost here!

____________

 -Hi Karen, Daryl and...

 -Michael. Hi Mrs. Brown. I've heard a lot about you...

    I heard the familiar voice from last night, but slightly different. He seemed a lot nicer now. I looked at my mum's face and she looked surprised by what the Clifford's son looked like.

 -Hi Michael. Come in.

    The three neighbours came inside our house and my brother rushed to say hi to each one of them. I followed him and did the same thing.

 -Hi Mrs. and Mr. Clifford.

 -Haley, dear, you can call us by our first names.

 -Sorry... -I smiled.

 -Hi Haley.

    Michael's voice was being provocative, in a way that I knew I couldn't handle. It was sounding even worst than last night.