Chapter Nine

I just got off the phone with Lucas. Yesterday, while on the game's brake, we promised each other that we would paint my wall this afternoon, and he would help me. He looked a bit too excited to come over to help, and I felt good about it. Maybe he was just excited about having our school's team winning the game.

    In no time, I was already hearing the doorbell and my brother's voice calling me. I quickly went down the stairs and opened the door for Luke.

 -Did I took too long? -he was breathing heavily.

   I laughed.

 -No, you were even faster than I thought!

    Lucas smiled and got inside the house.

 -Well, I bought the paint brushes your mother forgot, so we can start. And the colour is...?

 -It's called ''water blue''.

 -I have no idea what kind of blue that is. -he chuckled.

 -You'll see... Let's go.

    I started heading towards my bedroom and led him inside. All of my furniture was already covered in plastic, so that nothing would become damaged.

 -Let's start, shall we?

    We both grabbed the brushes he had bought and opened the paint can. Slowly, we both started brushing the wall, and it started gaining colour. I was painting the middle section while Lucas was paiting the top part. I guess it's an advantage of having an extremely tall guy as a friend.

 -Hayley?

 -Yeah?

 -You should open the window... The paint is strong, and it will leave a toxic smell.

   I nodded and opened the window. I noticed I could see Michael's room right in front of mine, and he was sitting in front of his computer. I turned my head, not wating to look like a creepy neighbour.

 -I think you won't be able to sleep here tonight... It could be bad for you. -Lucas stopped and looked at me.- If you want, you can come over to my place. I have an extra room.

 -Thanks, but I have a bed on my attic. It's actually a pretty cozy space... I wanted to put my room there, but my mum said it wouldn't be a great idea.

 -Oh... Okay.

    He turned to the wall and continued paiting.

 -But thanks for the offer, anyway.

    Lucas, without stopping his arm from the movements he was doing, glanced over at me and smiled.

 -If you ever need anything, I'm more than happy to help.

    I smiled but kept my eyes on the space I was filling with blue.

    My arms were starting to get weak, and I was definately ready for a brake, but since Luke was putting loads of effort in this, I kept on painting.