Chapter 11

Seokmin was practicing the song he made with Jihoon for his upcoming opening performance at Joshua's café. He was left all alone but his energy  never drained from practicing so he decided to sing again and again. Thinking of this as a chance to see his new-found crush, Seokmin made sure that he would give out his best performance.

When the song was finished with a perfect note and only a few seconds more of the instrumenral's energetic beat, he was satisfied. Placing back the microphone on the sound system, he just noticed that Jihoon haven't return yet.

"Aish, this hyung! He said it's just a short walk," he pouted in complain.

Yet, a grin formed on his lips when he saw his phone and just thought of surprising someone with a phone call. Seokmin dialled a newly entered number in his contacts, phone ringing in seconds.

"Hello? Who's this?" A voice from the other line said.

"야, 슈지아 (Hey, Shuji-ah)! Get down here and your lazy arse!" Jeonghan called for Joshua outside their office.

Joshua was on his phone when he groans in irritation from Jeonghan's petty attempt to escape from work again. "It's my free time today, Hannie! It's my turn! You can suck out some customer's energy for all I care."

"Ehhh!" Jeonghan whined before walking back to the cashier's counter. "You sure with that?"

"Just go!" Joshua could surely hear cheers of victory from the outside.

When Jeonghan's gone, Joshua gets up from his desk to the couch, slash makeshift bed. That was there for the purpose of overtime work. He made himself comfortable for a nice, long nap.

As Joshua was closing his eyes, his phone ringtone played. He rolled his eyes and probably close to crying like a child when he picked up his phone. Without looking at the caller's name or number, the answer icon was swiped.

"Hello? Who's this?"

Instead of hearing an answer, a song was heard from the other line.

This sounds so… familiar. Joshua thought as he was listening to the sweet song from someone.

"I'm ready to love 내게 말해 줘
Can we stay together? Can we stay together?
I'm a fool of love for you
내 맘을 네 곁에 forever, 네 곁에 forever"

Joshua somehow found himself singing along, and this was one of his favorite songs by the one and only, Lee Dokyeom.

"You give me purpose." He gently sang the last line of the song along with the other.

As soon as the nice, sweet, and relaxing song ended, Joshua nearly forgot that the caller was unknown and now got his guard back.

"Ahh, sh-!" He nearly cursed. "Is that how you say hello? Wait, who are you and how did you even got my number?!"

"Ahh, 미안해요 (I'm sorry)! Jisoo-hyung, it's me, Seokmin!" The caller was panicking and his voice sounds so nervous.

Seokmin?! Joshua asked in his mind.

"Ah… 야 (Ya)! You can't be serious… are you?" He tried to sound defensive. Well, he really tried.

Seokmin, on the other line, was stuttering while finding the right words to say. "네 네 (Yes, yes)! It's really me, Jisoo-hyung! Please believe me."

He nearly believed Seokmin, but he still need a proof. "If… if you really are Seokmin, tell me what exactly happened… yesterday!"

"Uhh… seriously?"