100 ; final task gone wrong

100 chapters my guy-

━━━━▣━━◤◢━━▣━━━━━

━━━━▣━━◤◢━━▣━━━━━

AND NOW WAS TIME FOR THE THIRD AND FINAL TASK.

the chorus were playing music and you were all sat in front of a very large maze.

mr. diggory walk out, shortly followed by cedric to which everyone cheers, you clap.

he was short followed by the other contestants, with harry at the end.

dumbledore steps up on the small podium, signalling everyone to be quiet which doesn't work.

he holds his wand to his neck, "sonorus!"

everyone goes quiet, sitting down.

"earlier today, professor moody placed the triwizard cup deep within the maze. only he knows it's exact position. now, as mr. diggory-"

everyone supporting cedric bursts into cheers again, you clap along.

"..and mr. potter.." you cheer along with everyone else supporting harry.

"..are tied for first position... they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by mr. krum.."

all the durmstrang erupt into cheers, deep and throaty cheers.

".. and miss delacour" the beauxbatons girls clap and cheer elegantly.

"the first person to touch the cup will be the winner!"

everyone claps and cheers.

"i've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task.. he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. contestants! gather round. quickly"

all the champions gather around dumbledore as he tells them something.

"champions, prepare yourselves!"

they all step over to their entrance, everyone cheers loudly again.

"on the count of three. one-" filch sets the cannon off, dumbledore shakes his head, filch shrugs.

you grab hermione's wrist as harry and cedric make their way into the maze with the leaves closing up behind them.

it was mostly silent, the music had stopped and now people were just waiting for something to happen, mostly chatting with their friends while keeping an eye on the maze.

but everyone gasps as a bunch of red sparks are sent up in the air, indicating someone wanted out.

you furrow your eyebrows,

is it bad in there?

you watch nervously, it felt like it was taking an abnormally long time to find the cup. how deep was it hidden?

after a while both fleur and krum had been taken out of the maze, they looked a bit scared and shaken up.

and then it was back to silence for a while again.

but everyone bursts into claps and cheers as harry and cedric pop up by the entrance to the maze.

but something felt wrong, harry seemed to be crying and cedric didn't seem to be moving.

you slap a hand on your mouth in realisation, your stomach dropping to your knees.

most were still clapping and whistling but a few seemed to be catching on and realising what had happened.

cedric was dead.

dumbledore rushes down, trying to pull harry off but he wouldn't budge.

"he's back! he's back! voldemort's back! cedric, he asked me to bring his body back" he cries.

"i couldn't leave him. not there"

"keep everybody in there seats. a boy has just been killed" fudge says, everyone gasps.

your lips form a thin line, your hand dropping to your side as you stare blankly.

"let me through. let me through!" mr. diggory pushes through, "that's my son! that's my boy!" he drops to his knees, "it's my boy!"

you stare utterly blankly, just seconds ago you were sad but now it felt as if it was all gone. you didn't know cedric all that well, but you liked him, you really did. he was probably your first crush that wasn't based around blood.

but now, he was dead. it felt as if any progress you had made to become just a bit more normal had gone down the drain in a span of five minutes.

hermione hugs you, "i'm so sorry.."

━━━━▣━━◤◢━━▣━━━━━

━━━━▣━━◤◢━━▣━━━━━

words ; 620

date posted ; 23/04/22

©_behindyou_