chapter 48

-...What?"

"Beloved?" the servant thought, frowning.

Antares put his hand on the window and introduced himself again.

"I am the beloved of the mistress of this mansion.  If you tell her that I have arrived, then you will understand everything.  Go tell her."

"Ah... She's not at home right now."

- She is gone?"

"Yes... About an hour ago."

- Really?

"Leaving the mansion at this time of day.  It's already quite late for walks, thought Antares.

Where did she go?

- To the party."

- Party?  What's the party?

"I was told that she went to a party at the Imperial Palace.  A friend came to her and they left together.

"A party at the Imperial Palace?  With a friend?  At this time, there is usually a coming-of-age party.  Why did the moon go there?" Antares was very puzzled.

- Is Royer inside?  If he's here, bring him to me."

"Are you talking about lawyer Royer?"

"Why are you asking such stupid questions?"

Antares was angry, but said nothing and simply nodded.

The servant bowed his head and went to the mansion to call for Royer.  After a while the lawyer left.

"Antares!?"

Royer, who saw an unexpected guest in front of him, looked as if he saw a ghost in front of him.  The servant who returned with Royer was a little surprised to see the lawyer like this.

Antares did not even greet Royer and immediately asked where and with whom the Moon went.

Where did Luna go?  I heard that the Imperial Palace."

"Oh yeah... She went with Rosemary to the coming-of-age party."

- ... "

Antares was surprised.  He thought something bad might happen to her just because she bought Rosemary's house.

But he did not suspect that they would go to parties together.

- ...What the heck?"

That was all he could say in response.

"Why, two years after she came of age, did she go to this party?  Especially with Rosamary."

Royer also did not like this couple at first.  But in the end he reconciled.  Gaining courage, he said to Antares.

"Rosemary seems to like Luna."

- What?"

"From the moment they met, Rosemary and Luna became much closer."

- What are you talking about?"

Antares was annoyed and Royer understood this well.  Regardless of who said it, it was nonsense to Antares.

- You may think that this is all nonsense, but it's true.  Rosemary liked Luna so much that they both became close, and she asked Lady Luna to accompany her to her coming-of-age party."

After explaining the situation to him, Royer, to add credibility, hit the side of the servant, who was still amazed at what was happening, with his elbow.  The servant, coming to his senses, nodded reflexively.