chapter 57

Upon arriving home, the Marquis strongly scolded Rosemary.  After that, she was forbidden to go outside, so she was locked in her room and sobbed all day.

The Marquis was glad that Rosemary had a girlfriend, but he did not like it if she neglected her main job because of her.

Especially after he found out that she had secretly sold the Rose Mansion he had given her for her birthday.

The moon hadn't done anything wrong, but she was the main reason, so the Marquis and his wife thought they should meet her sometime.

Shortly thereafter, Carleton arrived unexpectedly at the Marquis.

- Marquis!  I need to tell you something!  Please help me!"

His cheeks were covered in red spots, as if he had been hit hard in the face, and there were bruises on his arms.  Exhausted, he approached the Marquis.

The marquis, amazed at his condition, immediately asked him a question.

- What happened ... ?  Where did you get so hurt?

Their communication was rare, but Carlton made a good impression on the marquis.  Whenever they hired him for their parties, he was always kind to him.

Even when Rosemary arrogantly made remarks to him about the garden, the Marquis, in turn, treated him in a completely different way, helping him and making various suggestions for improving the garden.

- This was done by the new mistress ...!  She even fired me because she didn't like me!"

"New mistress, Luna Pales?"

William, the butler who supported Carlton, frowned at his words.

"I couldn't do anything on my own, so I came here to see you!"  Help me please!"

Carlton, who was almost crying, seemed very unhappy, so the Marquis ordered him to be taken to the drawing room.

William was little acquainted with the new mistress, but he understood that Luna was not such a person, without hiding his anxiety, he led Carlton into the living room.

- What happened?

The Marquis, who had been silent the whole time, became noisy, and the Marquise, who was drinking tea on the terrace, also appeared in the drawing-room.

The more people will listen to his grief, the better, Carlton thought, and raising his bruised hand stroked his red swollen cheek.

- Oh my goodness!  What are these wounds!?  What the hell happened...!"

Naturally, the Marchioness saw the sight of Carlton and was horrified.  Except for the cheeks, the bruised arm didn't look too bad.

Since all his supporters gathered in the living room, Carlton immediately decided to tell about the injustice that had happened to him.

"... This was done by Baroness Luna Pales, the new owner of the Rose Mansion.  She fired everyone who worked at that mansion, including me."

"... Fired all the employees?"

The marquis questioned the unthinkable words of the butler.  Carlton responded by adding how much he cared about Luna.

- Yes.  The size of her old house is different from the new mansion she now lives in, so I warned the servants in advance that she would be uncomfortable, and I wanted everything to be new in her new house ... She fired me because  I didn't tell her about it."

"Oh my God, this is absurd."

The wife of the marquis was shocked, covering her mouth with her hand.  She couldn't believe it because it was so absurd.  Even the Marquis could not understand the situation with those words alone.