Chapter 3 : The Mission Impossible

"ARGH!!!" I woke up to Minho, staring at and judging me with his eyes half-open. He squinted his eyes while he rub his eyes. I pull my blanket, feeling embarrassed at what he just did."Don't be shy, Rosy. I have seen your ugly face. I thought you're heading home last night..."

"I didn't. I stay up last night... I can't stop thinking about this masked killer. He could be anywhere, killing people and I never feel this hopeless." His eyelids dropped. "I need my beauty routine now but I can feel I start ageing... Rosy, you got us and we're going figure this out. I mean, me and the others except you."

"Here." I take the sticky note from him. There are a bunch of stick man drawing."What is this?" He places his finger on the top of my forehead. "Use your brain, okay?"

"An insult after another? Thanks, Minho."

I wander around the office and I noticed they have different colours of sticky notes."Oh, it's Felix?" I found a yellow notebook with a stick man kneeling on one knee. "What are you doing?"

"I was just, reminiscing? If that makes sense." I was about to leave when all of sudden he reached for my wrist."You forgot this..." I turned around and found him, imitating the stick man I saw. "Wait..."

"I need to get this off my chest. I know we're in the middle of a chaotic mess but, I just wanted to tell you that I have been waiting for this moment. I am glad I get to see you again..." He looked up at me, with his eyes gleaming. "Felix, I wasn't expecting your proposal but, I am not looking for a relationship. I must admit, there is a spark between us. It's just, I would rather take it slow."

"Is that a yes?"

"Yeah."

"Finally! Yes! Yes!!"

***

"We found the suspect!" Seungmin shouted. I ran towards the direction and found Chan laying on the ground, with his head bleeding and bruises all over his arms."I am here."

"No, no, we need to get them."

"I can't leave you alone here... Come here." He placed his arms around my shoulders. I can hear his heavy breathing. "Let me help you." I place his arms around his shoulder. "That-

He flinched in pain. "I can see how happy you'll be if I die." He gave a weak smile.

"I am not."

"Chan!" Han approaches us and the medic team takes him from me. He is already passed out when they put him on the stretcher."I thought we lost him... Are you okay?" I nodded, still looking around.

"Did you guys-

"No. They managed to escape... We should get back by now. I'll see you around."

***

"Can we get in?" Jeong asked."Nope. The doctor is still in the room with Agent Han."Hyunjin added. "Are you okay? Your hands have been shaking since an hour ago." Minho has been quiet and seeing him worried makes me feel bad."I am sorry. I am just still in shock."

"I may as well call Han out for letting you join us. You shouldn't be sorry... I know what happened before and I am sure you're still recovering." He pats me on my shoulder."Thanks."

"Just because I am trying to comfort you, that doesn't mean I like you." He looked away. I have a feeling he's cringing at what he said.

"Ba-

Everyone turns their head around. Felix's cheeks turned crimson as he pressed his lips together after he notice Han walking out of the room with the rest waiting for him to complete the word. "Ba? Baby? Bad? Am I your 아기 now, Felix?" Han added. I try to hold in my laughter, still biting my lower lip."I just saw a cute baby just now... Have you heard of 'ba black sheep' nursery rhyme?"

"I thought you and your girlfriend are expecting a baby?" Minho nudged me. "Congrats then," I said. I never saw a group of people in sync when they move their heads. This gives me creep.

"No, this is just a huge misunderstanding. How is Chan?" He changed the topic.

"There is no bullet found on his wound but, they punch him in his face. I must say, he looks pretty awful. Agent Ambrose, he would like to see you." I slide the door and he is resting his head on the upper part of the bed. "It is okay. You can just lie down."

"Thanks, again. For saving my life."

"Rest well. We still need you." He slightly nods. "Don't worry about me. I will be fine. Stop telling me to rest, it is like I can feel the death is near." He replied, with a smile on his face. "You're here now. You're safe, Chan... I'm heading out. If you want me to get you maybe drinks or food, let me know."

"Mmm, okay. Thank you."

***

"You almost got caught. At least, I didn't burst into laughter..." He covered his face with both of his hands."It was so awkward." He put his head on my shoulder as he takes my hand and place it on his cheek. "I never feel this way. It feels comfy and warm. I finally understand why they called you sunshine." He lifts his head, glancing up."While you're the rose among the thorns."

"Am I?"

"Just look at you. I won't shut up if people ask me about my girlfriend..." He pulled me in, letting me rest my head on his chest."I can just want to stay in this position for hours. Your heartbeats sound like a lullaby to me."