Chapter 4 : The Next, Us

After Chan got released from the hospital, the schedule gets even more hectic. All of us are having a shift, some of us staying up until dawn while some take a quick nap. We managed to connect the dots throughout the investigation but, it seems like the plan backfire each time we almost got them.

***

"Hey. Can I join you?

"Sure but, I hope you don't fall-

"Fall for you even more? I fall for you every single day and it'll never be enough." I can't help but, smile at how corny he is. "Stop it, what makes you come up here?" He takes my hand and put it on the top of his. hand"Just checking on you. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am."

"You don't have to lie, Rosy." I turned at him. "I will be fine, Felix. We're good, right? Being lowkey probably not-

"I know. If we have to keep it to ourselves and in exchange, I still can be with you, I am okay with it." I hate to be one who always reminds him about dating in secret. As much as I wanted to tell everyone, I know I can't when we're currently working together.

"Can I hug you again?"

"Sure, why do you ask?" Before he could continue, he gasped with his finger still pointing at the door. "Oh, shit!"

"Stop with the romance, you two!"

***

"Ehem." Han clears his throat. He looks at me and then at Felix. "Agent Chan, you are still on this team and you will still need to be 'on a break' even after we found Woo In and, you should have thanked Agent Ambrose. I don't know what's going to happen if she weren't there."

"I understand, sir."

"Agent Lee and Agent Ambrose. I need to talk to you." Felix gulped.

"Ooh, what is going on?" I glared at Minho.

"Let's go."

"Yeah."

***

"What did I just see? Gosh, I need to cleanse my eyes with holy water..."

"We tried... Okay, we will come clean. We have been together for a while." I take my ID card and hand it to Han."We are halfway done with this, I think I am just going to quit. We got rules, that's what you always told me, right? I am afraid that I just violated the rules." He throws the ID back at me.

"Not now, Rosy. I have told you millions of times, that you're still going to be here, no matter what, until there is someone qualified for the position. Please, if you two are trying to kiss or whatever it is, just don't do it here. You may leave."

***

After weeks of us, cracking the codes and tracking the locations the suspect has gone to, I finally get the weekend off except for some of us."Take care, everyone."

"Thanks, Agent Ambrose! Enjoy your weekend."

I look around the room and noticed Felix isn't there. I made my way to his office and I put my bag on the floor. I reach for the sticky note that he usually brings around.

"Meet me at-

"Meet me at what? The altar or, maybe... Do you have a better idea?" He said. I can feel his presence right behind me before I turned around.

"You got me scared for a second." I tried to push him away, but he knew he is in control when his smile turns into a smirk. "It is not like everyone is going to hear us." He whispers in my left ear.

"I can make your dreams come true." This brings me back to the dream I had and I almost kissed him when he was about to wake me up for dinner.

"It's just, this is-

"What's with this long face, love?" His eyebrows drew together. He lifts me and it took me off guard when his eyes finally meet mine."I will never get tired of your dark brown eyes..." He was about to take off his tie right when I accidentally burped in his face. "I am sorry. I-

Being near him, and inhaling his scent makes me forget to breathe. "Gosh, you're so cute." He pinched my cheeks and "Don't ever think you ruin the moment... You have nothing to apologize for, Rosy."As much as I wanted to believe he's been nice and gentlemanly, I can't shake the feeling he can change overnight just like Jake, my ex-fiancee.

"I hate for always-

"Shuh, did I make myself clear?" He said, with a stern deep voice.

His eyes are burned with desire when he places his finger on my chin. A minute ago, his hands are resting on the table but, then he grabs me by the neck and kissed me on the lips. He devours every single moment when I can see him smiling each time before he leans in for another kiss."Felix."

"Do you want to stop?" He asked. "I don't but, we shouldn't do it here..." He runs his fingers through his hair, cursing under his breath. Why does he look so damn attractive and hot when he does this? "Right, I always forgot to behave when you're around..."

"I'll send you home." He added.

***

"We are here." He said. "Do you want to come in?" He raises an eyebrow at me and looks at me. I place my hand on his thigh. I notice that he is holding his breath when I was about to reach for his belt."Sure, if you don't mind..." He blinked. "Okay."