22 A New Pack Member

Lola told Bella about Angela and Ben. She didn't seem to like it, but it was almost time. She sees a familiar car come into view. 'Jacob. You finished it.' Bella says, way too excited.

'Yes, we finished it last night. This is his first official drive.' He says.

'You win; you're officially older.' Bella says, looking at the car. Lola almost rolls her eyes and sees that Mike has arrived. 'Hey.' She says to him. He greets her, but his eyes are on Bella.

They walk towards her, and Bella introduces him to Jacob and says: 'If it's ok, can we let Jacob drive. He just finished his car, and I already promised him he could.'

'Is good.' Mike says.

'Jonah didn't tell me that you guys finished it.' Lola says: 'It looks good.' There follows a silence. 'Everyone in the car.' Bella takes the passenger seat, and Lola and Mike sit in the back.

'If you give me some money, I'll buy the tickets.' Lola tells them. They give her ten bucks each, and she walks away from them.

The line isn't that long. When it's her turn, she asks for the four tickets.

Lola returns. They're silent. Lola gives each of them a ticket and looks at her own. 'We have to go that way.' She points to the left.

They all nod. Let this be over quickly. She better like the movie, but she doubts it.

They take place first: Jacob, Bella, Mike and then Lola. When the movie begins, the lights go out, and Lola immediately regrets even coming. It doesn't take long before the first massacre takes place. Lola keeps looking, and it is just not her thing. Why does Bella keep taking her to these?

Mike stands up and moves past Lola, who looks at him and then at her sister and Jacob. 'I'll go.' Lola whispers. She stands up and goes out of the room.

She walks toward the bathrooms and waits a few minutes. She is sure he is in there.

He walks out: Are you ok?' She asks.

'I'm better now. I think I have the same thing Angela has.' He looks pale.

'I'm taking you home.'

'But the movie?' He protests.

'I hate horror movies.'

'Yeah, that's true.' He laughs a little. Lola goes and tells her sister. Jacob gives her the keys, and then she remembers that they came with his car.

Lola returns. The movie should be over now, and she sees Bella and Jacob almost immediately. She walks over to them. 'Hey, we can go.'

'Good, Lola. I think Jacob is getting sick as well. He has a fever.'

Lola looks at him. She tries to feel if it is a fever. He doesn't really let her, but she knows enough. This isn't a fever. 'I guess something is going around. I have the keys, so I'll take you home, but I'll drop off Bella first.'

'No, you don't have to.' Jacob says.

'But I'm going to.' Lola says resolutely. 'I like driving this car.' He grins.

'Jacob, sit still!' Lola shouts.

He stops taping his foot and sits straighter. 'So, if the legends are real, then the Cullens are....'

'Vampires? Yes.' She says and turns around. Sam is leaning against a wall, and Jared sits on a couch.

'And Bella she... You let her. Did she even know?' He asks.

'Yes, she knew about them. She knows that I have special powers. What she doesn't know is all of this.' He raises an eyebrow. She explained the shifters, the vampires, the treaty with the Cullens and eventually, her powers. Embry walks in: 'Hey.' She says: 'Please explain to him I'm not the bad guy here.' She sits next to Jared, mumbling to herself.

Embry talks with Jacob, and he calms down. 'Where is my brother?'

'He and Paul are on patrol.' Sam says: 'There is the redhead. They make sure she isn't around. And if she is, we will kill her.'

Jacob looks up, and Sam looks at Lola.

'So, I have to explain it.' She says: 'This redhead is a vampire called Victoria. She is after Bella. Long story short. She wants revenge for James. He was also a vampire, and the Cullens killed him to protect my sister. You understand that?'

He nods.

The door opens again: 'Hey, are you ok?' Jonah asks his brother. When he nods, he looks at Lola.

'I'm good. Where is Paul.' She asks.

'Sleeping or eating and then sleeping. I'm exhausted.' He says, pulling her out of the couch and wrapping his arms around her.

'Me too. Let's go and sleep as well.' She kisses his cheek and lays her head against his chest. She lets his heartbeat calm her before she lets him go. 'We're done here?'

'Yes.' Sam says: 'Jared and I have patrol now. Take Jacob with you. We'll see tomorrow.'