24 Vacations can be stressful

Jonah drives Lola and Bella back. In the car, it's silent, and it stays quiet. When Jonah and Lola are in her room, he sits on a chair.

'So, you're staying?' There is no reply: 'If you're staying, you can at least talk to me.' She pulls her jumper over her head.

'Why didn't you say anything.'

'I didn't think I was so... that she thought my involvement was critical. I'm sorry.' She looks at him, and he is staring at a wall. She turns around. She changes her jeans into shorts and pulls her shirt over her head.

When she hears him. He gets up, turns her around and tilts her head with one of his fingers: 'Please try to stay safe.' He kisses her. His mouth presses hard on hers. 'I cannot lose you."

She kisses him back, holding him close. He is right, and she is not going to lose him either.

The vacation begins, and Lola is never alone. Jonah sleeps over every night, and she stays with Emily and Kim during the day. Jared is there sometimes, or Paul. On other days, Embry or Jacob. Sam is there the most.

She stands at the beach watching Bella. She is unconscious. Jacob saved her from drowning. Lola sees Bella's chest moving. She is breathing. She shouldn't have jumped from that cliff, or at least not alone.

Lola feels an electrical force. It's the same, but it's more powerful. She falls to her knees and takes a deep breath. Concentrating on herself. 'Lola.' She hears Sam. 'Are you ok?' Jared asks, putting a hand on her shoulder. She is a bit shaken: 'I'm... good.... It's... ok. Is Bella ok, Jacob?'

'Yes, she is waking up.'

Lola pulls herself up on Jared's arm. 'Maybe someone has to go check up on Leah and Seth.'

Jacob takes care of Bella, and Jared takes her back to Emily's. Where she gets a cup of thee. She assures them everything is ok. Emily hands her something to eat.

It takes a while, but the whole pack is here. Bella walks in with Jacob, and they are the last. They explained everything to Leah and Seth, who had just turned.

Lola leans against Jonah. 'You're ok.' He whispers.

'I'm fine.' She tells him: 'I am.'

'What happened there?' Sam asks.

'Can you describe it?' Bella asks him.

'Now she looked dizzy mostly and tried to catch a breath. There was nothing, and then she fell to her knees. Only to stand up again a few minutes later, but clearly more tired.' Jared explains.

'It happened before.' Bella states, and Lola gives her a look that Bella ignores: 'I saw it twice. Not in this level of intensity, but still the same.'

'When was this?' Jonah asks.

'The first day I was here. When she asked you and Jacob to ensure I was ok, you know.' She says, and Jonah nods: 'The second time was when me, Lola, and her friends from school came to the beach. It was before we left. Does that help?'

Sam looks at me: 'You sure this is nothing.'

'Yeah, it's nothing.' Lola says: 'Don't worry about it.'

They look at her, and Paul says: 'Don't do this. Just say it.'

'Two is a little much in one go.' She whispers.

'You mean...' Sam says, looking at Leah and Seth.

'It's ok, I'm fine.' Lola tries again.

'Does it happen every time?' Jonah asks.

'Only the first time.' Lola tries to stay vague.

Bella looks at her sister in concern. She gets it.

'So, every first shift?' Sam asks. And then everyone gets it.

'Yes, it's nothing major. It's just me helping you with it. It's a way to help you adjust. A first phase takes the most energy, so I give you some back.' Lola tells them.

'But it looked ... painful,' Jared says.

'A little, I'm ok.' Lola tells them again: 'Jonah, you're coming? Bella and I are going home.'

'I drive.' Bella states. And Jacob stands up as well. Lola just wants this to be over.