2 Damon Salvatore

Dark brown hair, almost black, he wears his black leather jacket. He turns around and walks to the kitchen. His small kitchen with a little refrigerator that contains his blood bags. He is a vampire and back at the place where he was born. He is in Mystic Falls. This time he lives in this tiny apartment. Which is temporal. He wants to return to the big house, where his room is. Now would be too soon. He is not ready to face his brother. Their relationship has been described as violent and bitter. Stefan is, in many ways, very different from Damon.

Damon promised his brother a life full of misery, but it would be because of him. Nobody else would be responsible. It would be on his own terms.

'Jess.' Lola says and hugs her best friend. 'Jess, this is Kim. Kim, Jessica.' Kim waves at Jessica. Kim is Jared's imprint. Lola thought inviting her would be fun.

'Hey.' Jessica replies.

'Come, let's go inside.' Lola says, walking between the two: 'Kim, are there any stores you want to go to?'

'Not really.' Kim answers.

'Then it is up to you, Jess, show us the way!'.

Jessica takes them to the stores she likes most and gives the other girls clothes to try. She gives advice. Like, 'You should buy it, or: 'No, not this one, maybe a different colour.' After four stores, she guides them to a place for smoothies.

'So, you'll go on a vacation? All by yourself?' Jessica asks in disbelief.

'Yes, I thought it would be nice.' Lola answers and drinks from her blueberry smoothie.

'I would have thought you would take Jonah with you. Don't you think so? Kim?'

'Yes, maybe...' Kim says.

'I can travel on my own, Jess.'

'I guess you can, but you must tell me all about it.'

'Of course, Jess.' Lola starts laughing, and not much after that, so does Jess.

That evening they eat Mac and Cheese for dinner. 'I'll miss your cooking, sister.' Lola says.

'Yes, your trip.' Her father says.

Lola nods: 'I'll leave tomorrow.'

'And I said that was ok?' Her father asks in disbelief.

'Yes, Dad, you helped me buy my plane ticket.' He doesn't forget things. He didn't like that she wanted to go at all, and she couldn't say why she wanted to go. Or why she must go now. How would she explain that Bella might be in danger from a vampire?

The following day she visits Sam and Emily. 'It's almost time to go. Are you ready?' Jonah asks.

'Yes,' Lola says. He offers her his hand to help her get out of the couch. The door opens. 'Hey.' it's Jared and Kim: 'I see you wear the new shirt we bought yesterday.'.

'Yes, a new shirt, so...' Kim tells Lola.

Jared looks between them: 'So that's where you were yesterday.'

'Yes, the girl saved me. Jessica forced me to go shopping again.' Lola says.

'And she survived it?' Jonah laughs.

'Yes, she did. It was fun. It was, right?' Lola asks Kim.

She nods: 'It was better than I thought.' Jared holds Kim from behind.

'See! Kim and I, we're friends. We should do it again, but maybe without Jessica.'

'Maybe Emily can come?' Kim suggests.

'Good idea, Emily; you heard that, right?' Lola hears Sam laugh. And some of them start to laugh as well.

Jonah takes Lola to the airport. He parks the car. Lola steps out, walks to his side of the car, and takes his hand. She kisses him, and he kisses her back. 'Have a save trip.'

'I'll miss you. I wish you could come with me.'

'Me too.' He says and kisses her on the top of her head. She lays her head against his chest, and he wraps his arms around her: 'You should go.'

'I know.' She says, leaning into him. And then she lets go. She walks away towards the building. She goes to the check-in. Inside are a few stores, but she only buys some water and waits until she must leave.

Damon looks at something on his desk. The sunlight reflects on it. There must be a solution, a way to save his brother's life.