We finally got to the airport. We shared a good cry and got on the plane. I actually hugged my father for the first time in such a long time. What shocked me the most is that he hugged me back. “I love you dad.” I whispered. I wasn’t expecting it to be the last time I hugged him though. After the trip had started and we were on our way to the campground he had a heart attack and was rushed to the hospital where he died and I suddenly was thrust into being the leader of the entire nation. A sixteen year old who hardly knew anything about what it meant to be a leader. Zuko was little help as always. Ozai did try to make me feel better by giving me pointers. The funeral was after I got back from the trip. I wasn’t going to miss it and Katara already made me miss my mothers I’m not about to miss my fathers. She already hates me for “killing mom” . I had nothing to do with it. Someone had slit her throat and taken the body in the middle of the night. I hardly ate the rest of the trip and wouldn’t do any of the bonding activities with Zuko. Azula and her friends were of little help either. Ty-Lee was constantly trying to touch me and sneak into my tent. Mai was busy making me jealous because she got to be with Zuko and she didn’t have to try. Then Azula herself was constantly trying to make her father deter his attention from me and her brother which of course was to little avail. I was happy to be home when the week was up and I went to my father's funeral. I wasn't expecting what happened next. Zuko called me.
    “Hey I know you probably don't want to talk to me but at least you answered. I wanted to know when you wanted to possibly meet up. Over there of course you're grieving but I was hoping we could talk.” My heart was pounding and my head spun as he talked.
     “Sure we can meet up. I need someone to talk to. My sister is blaming me for his death. Again…” I whispered the last part but couldn't stop crying. I knew that I was supposed to be strong but what strength can a boy have when he's just lost his father and his sister blames you for it. He surprised me by staying on the line saying sweet nothings. Ones I'll treasure. He was the only reason I haven't broken under all the pressure yet. But now I'm so close to jumping over that edge ending it all. He somehow heard the last bit and started speaking again.
     “What do you mean again?” I gulped. “What happened? I knew your mom died…oh.” I broke into heart wrenching sobs. “Katara blames you for it?” I sobbed harder. Him of all people. I heard him running, then he breathlessly talked to his father. One he still had. I continue sobbing then he speaks into the phone. “Sokka I’m coming over there now, don't do anything, lock yourself in your room and send your guards to get me from the airport.” I tell a guard to pick up Zuko from the airport and lock my door. I already know the guards are in place protecting my room. Zuko hung up and I threw my phone on my bed, or rather my father’s bed. I go to the punching bag in the corner and punch it hard with no protection on my hands. I take out my emotions on the bag.
     “Worthless,” punch “caused,” punch “your,” punch “parents,” punch “to,” punch “die,” extremely hard punch. I scream as I hear my knuckles break and start to bleed. I’ve never been scared of blood or breaking a bone. I've done and seen both, but I screamed because my knuckles all broke at the same time rendering my hand useless. I hear the door open and someone runs to me. It’s Zuko. He’s crying and his stuff is all over the floor. I smile weakly at him and protectively move my hand into my chest. Pain races through my arm as I carefully inspect my hand moving my fingers weakly.
     “Sokka! Stop that. They’re broken!” I flinch as he yells at me but simply hold my hand out to him which he gently kisses and takes me to the bathroom so we can clean my hand up. After he cleaned them and put a bandage around my hand he rocks me in his arms. I know it’s platonically and he knows my pain but I let my heart believe he truly loves me. I need it right now and I’m not going to give it up. Not when he’s mine.