Emma and Jack

Ginny Weasley

Ginny Weasley

October 31st 1998

7th Year

Ginny was dressed in her best robes as she sat on the floor of Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. Myrtle flew around her head giggling with excitement.

"Shush Myrtle, you're going to make me mess up this spell then all this preparation will be for nothing!"

Ginny leaned forward and lit the four black candles she had set up in the elaborately carved ritual circle. It was almost sunset, she had to start the spell exactly at twilight for it to work. She cast the tempus charm, almost time.

She practically vibrated with excitement as she anxiously watched the timer her wand had set count down.

Her boyfriend and love of her life Harry Potter was coming to the Halloween celebration after months of begging on her part, and maneuvering the approval of Headmistress McGonagall. Harry, along with her brother Ron had joined the Aurors almost immediately after the war. She had barely seen Harry at all in months, although he always wrote her lovely letters.

He refused to take their relationship to the next step until she was out of Hogwarts. To Harry it didn't matter that she wanted him desperately or that she was of legal age, he decided and that was that.

So Ginny had come up with the most elaborate, genius idea she could think of, worthy of her prankster older brother.

Harry for very obvious reasons really disliked the Hogwarts Halloween celebration- invariably while he had been at school something terrible had happened on that day.

But this time she would change all that for him, and give him a memory he would never ever forget. She was going to cast a spell that allowed Myrtle to possess Draco Malfoy.

She giggled to herself imaging it. Harry would come, be blown away by how good she looked in her dress, see Malfoy make an absolute git of himself while possessed by Myrtle, then they would go somewhere private and snog ... and other things. She shivered thinking of Harry touching her finally.

Her wand vibrated as the time hit.

She took a deep breath.

I Spiritus Vocant

Veni Ad Me

Audite Me

Prompti Sumus

Tu Quod Vis

There was a rush of wind and the room briefly darkened, the candles flickered but did not go out. Did it work?

"Myrtle?" Ginny looked around but didn't see her. Maybe she had already found Draco? She giggled to herself blew out the candles and ran out of the girls bathroom.