Now You Know

December 20, 1998

Harry Potter

Magis Ziekenhuis, Netherlands

Harry steadied Hermione as the portkey brought them in front of the main hospital of the magical center of Amsterdam, Magis Ziekenhuis. She wanted to get the runes done as soon as possible once she made her decision. It differed quite a bit from St Mungo's, with a plan red brick exterior, and uniform square windows every so many feet.

When they entered witches and wizards walked hurriedly through the main entry, while some which were likely patients or relatives sat anxiously waiting for loved ones. It was easy to spot the healers as like St Mungo's they all wore the same color robes, although here light blue denoted the healers.

"Miss Granger!" An elderly wizard hailed, coming from their left.

"Healer Jansen! Its nice to meet you face to face." The healer then took him in at her side, a faintly disapproving expression on his face.

"And who might you be?"

Harry opened his mouth to reply, but Hermione cut him off, laying her hand on his chest.

"Harry's my friend, he's going to be with me through the ritual."

The healer's black eyes flicked him a disapproving glance but said nothing. "Of course. I already have the room prepared to keep with your timetable. Please follow me."

December 20, 1998

December 20, 1998

Harry Potter

Magis Ziekenhuis, Netherlands

Harry stood in a small room with a raised platform that had a ritual circle carved into the stone, Hermione was laying on the circle, dressed only in a black crop top and a pair of black underwear.

When Harry had thought about the idea of Hermione with a magical mark- a rune tattoo circling her waist he had stupidly been preoccupied with how hot he thought she would look. Now holding her hand tightly, and watching as tears slipped between her tightly clenched eyes, he felt sick.

She lay on her stomach in a ritual circle while the Healer Liam Jansen carefully used a quill with a needle-sharp point to ink the runes into her skin with a specially prepared potion. Healer Jansen was a renown expert in rune protection and healing tattoos in the Netherlands, and Hermione had been really excited that he had agreed to place the runes on her body. The Healer stood to the side of her carefully, quickly, pushing the sharpened needle of the quill over and over into her skin.

Small rivulets of blood dripped down her hips from where the quill repeatedly pierced her skin creating the runes. Healer Jansen had explained this was part of the sacrifice for healing magic and helped power the spell, so they weren't wiped away and instead dripped slowly down into the ritual circle.