Will you marry me?

March 12, 1999

Hogwarts

Hermione

18 Weeks Pregnant

Hermione walked out of Flitwick's class on shaky legs, closing the door softly behind her with a huff of relief. Her last N.E.W.T practical completed three months in advance, she stared down at the floor nibbling on her lip, worrying about how well she did without the three months every one else was going to have.

She felt the faint vibration of her black notebook in her pocket and took it out.

Hermione,

I know you did absolutely wonderful on all your testing. Let's have dinner together?"

Hermione smiled at the note, and was just about to write back when she heard a throat clear.

Her head jerked up to spot Harry smiling at her from the opposite wall of the hallway, he was dressed handsomely in dark red jumper and black slacks. She looked down at her own school clothes, feeling a little under dressed.

"Umm, maybe I should change first?"

He took a step toward her until their bodies only touched because of her tummy and leaned down to whisper in her ear.

"You look beautiful. This is just going to be me and you, okay?" Hermione had to fight the impulse to lean up against him.

"Okay."

Harry took a step back from her and held his elbow out in an old fashioned courtly gestured and Hermione gave a little laugh as she tucked her arm in with his and they started to stroll down the hallway.

"I remember when I first saw you in first year, on the train helping Neville look for his lost frog, and you told me you knew all about me."

Hermione smiled. "I was a bit scared so I maybe overcompensated a tad preparing for school."

"Memorizing all the course books? Me and Ron almost fainted. Ron was hoping you'd get sorted into a different house. And then to top it off before we left you told him he had dirt on his nose, he was so stropped."

"I had forgotten that! Ron was such a little brat in first year."

Hermione hadn't been paying attention as Harry led her to the school but she realized they were right at the entrance to the great hall.

She gave a little laugh. "You want to do dinner in the Great Hall?"

Harry gave her a mischievous smile and went to open the closed doors, he gestured for her to enter first.

The great hall had been completely cleared of the tables for the houses and the raised dais where the teachers typically sat. Instead, there was a single solitary table in the middle with lit candles and a meal already laid out with a stasis charm keeping it hot.

"What... how...did you manage this?"

Harry gave a secretive smile. "Magic."

Hermione walked into the great hall, looking up at the enchanted ceiling showing gold and red tones as it reflected the sunset. Then she spotted the food laid out on the table and her tummy rumbled.

"And that's my cue. Here we go, love." Harry went and held the chair out for her.

Hermione blushed and mumbled her thanks. Chicken tikka masala, fried cabbage and naan bread, mmm. Harry was amazing.

"I'm glad you think so."

Hermione's hand froze where she had reached for a fork, had she really said all that out loud? Her blush intensified. "I just really really have been craving Indian food, you have no idea."