Chapter 7

Liam's POV

It's been a month when I last saw Ellie. After our encountered that night, I cannot get her out of my mind anymore. If I'm not busy, I end up thinking of her. So I burried myself to work just to forget her. Also, I cannot shake off the feeling about Elian. That Elian might be Ellie's son. Our son.

So, I hired an detective to investigate this matter and today he will hand over the informations that he gathered.

The files on my desk were filling up as I tried to distract myself while I was anxiously waiting for him.

A knocked on the door stop me from what I was doing.
"The detective is here Sir," Mark said as he went inside.

"Let him in," I stated.

"Good afternoon Mr. Sullivan. Here are the informations you asked me," he greeted as he handed me a brown envelope. I nodded as I nonchalantly get the envelope.

"Anything else that you want me to investigate Sir?" he asked.

"That's all for now," I answered waiting for him to leave.

Truth to be told, I am anxious of what's inside the envelope and I don't want other people to know it.

The detective left and I was left alone in my office. I took a deep breath as I opened the envelope and read what's on it.

It's all the informations about Elizabeth Miller. Her family background, educational background and medical history, hobbies and everything that I want to know about her. Even, all of the people close to her are listed.

What I really want to know is what happened to her for the last 5 years.

There was a photo of her and Adrian Fitzgerald taken from CCTV 5 years ago.

What taken me aback is a medical record from a doctor. Ellie was hospitalized because of anaemia and what surpise me most is that she was 3 months pregnant that time. It was the month of May and if I'm correct, something happened to us during her birthday which was the month of February. 3 months before she got pregnant.

Did she get pregnant after what happened to us? But I was using protection.

On the next page, I saw the photo of her son. My whole world stop as I realized that the child in the photo is Elian. The boy that I saw in the party that looks like me.

Emotions flooded in me. Happiness, sadness, excited and anger. Anger to myself and sadness for my son and Ellie.

Yes, there's no doubt that Elian is my son. He resembles me so much. I don't need a DNA test to prove it.

On addition, Ellie didn't have any romantic relationship in these past few years apart from Adrian which is purely platonic. I know Adrian used to love my cousin Gabriela but he gave it up because of his brother.

Sadness envelopes me as I continued to read the report. When Elian was only 7 days old, he was admitted to the hospital because of sepsis. He was in critical condition and he need to stay in the hospital for a month.

They had been through a lot and I was not there for them when they needed me. I clenched my hands as I continue to read.

*****
"Thank you for inviting me for lunch," Gabriela said as she eat the steak heartily.