The next morning

Light peered in from beneath the door and the pile in the bed stirred. Blue spikes of hair peeked out, the head and torso rolling out the bed behind it and onto the floor.

He groaned, feeling the ache and creak of his bones that perfectly accented the banging hangover in his temples. He pulled himself onwards and upwards, grunting as everything clicked back into place. He gazed around the room, recognition of the area failing him so he took this chance to stand, shakily spinning to assess his surroundings. His clothes were missing, folded neatly on a bedside table. His flask, his gun, his walled, all placed daintily on top.

"Dafuq?" He drawled, tossing himself into the chair in front of the desk and rummaging through his belongings, checking if anything was missing. To his surprise, nothing was, but the portal gun wouldn't turn on. He thought nothing of it, his hungover state like a weighted blanket over his mind. He spun in his chair, looking around the room. There was a window with thick curtain drawn across and little light forced its way into the dark room, suggesting to him that it was still early. The only real source of light was the light from beneath the door.

He stoop, opening it and peeking his head out, turning to and fro to inspect both ends of the hall. One ended in another turn, the other led down some stairs. He shut the door again, snatching his clothes and allowing any uneeded items to clatter to the floor only to be picked up again. He draped the shirt over his top half and hopped into his trousers, taking a moment of struggling to pull them all the way up. He opened the door again and stepped out, hands in pockets as he walked.

~<3~

Y/n sat behind the front desk, flipping the page of their book drowsily, a mug of liquid energy before them. The sound of heavy footsteps on the stairs woke them from their relaxation and they sat up, folding the corner of the page and placing it down on the desk, leaning forward to watch the man drag his feet down every step. He paused at the end, peeking his head through the doorway to assess the lobby.

"Rick Sanchez, I presume?"

The sound of another voice seemed to startle him. "Uhhhhh-"

"Your friend, birdperson I believe, dropped you off last night, how was your sleep?"

He stepped out of the doorway, scratching the back of his neck.
"Fine, I guess, where am I?"

They stood, busying themself with  cleaning the front desk as they spoke. "This is just a simple hotel. Your friend already paid for you so-"

"I can just leave, then? Not gonna, yknow, call anyone?"

"Who would I call about a paying customer?"

"Right... Nothing to do with, let's say, the galactic federation?"

They paused, turning slowly to raise a brow at him. "Why would I call the galactic federation?"

He froze, wondering if he had somehow just given himself away and took this moment of silence to move himself towards the door.

"Mr Sanchez I wouldn't really reccomend leaving-"

"Why, because we're surrounded?" He joked all too nervously.

"No-"

He bolted for the door and threw it open but, to his surprise, he was met with nothing but void. He grabbed the doorframe, pulling himself back in and landing back on his ass.
"What the fuck?!" He shouted turning back to them.