Lonely

Cress stared blankely out of the satellite's glass windows, watching the earth fly by for the 100th time that day. She saw the same shapes on the earth as she alway had, and she wished that she could see something else for once. She picked at a knot in her now shin-length hair, and wished that she could see a different sight. She got what she wished, but not in the way she wanted. Within the next 15 minutes, her small satellite passed by Luna. Cress hated seeing Luna, because she thought that Levana could see her from there, and that she would disapprove of her. Well, more than she already had.
Cress had been born a shell, and was frowned apon by all. Shells cannot use the Lunar gift, or be affected by it. Cress squeaked in fear, and she ran to hide under her bed. Only 12 at the time, she still had huge fears of Luna. Cress stared up at the underside of her bed, waiting for Luna to pass. 20 minutes or so later, cress peeked out and found that Luna had passed. She got up and sat infront of her net - screens and scrolled through her endless photos and fanfictions of meeting the dashing Carswell Throne, who was about 15 at the time. She had thought of an epic romance between them, and typed it down to add to her collection. A notification popped up at the bottom of the netscreen she was staring at.

LETUMOSIS CLAIMS 100 MORE PEOPLE IN NEW BEJING

Cress read down the list of names, and one name triggered her memory. She gaped at the screen, parylized with disbelief and horror. The name she had seen was the one of her father.