THIRTY SEVEN³⁷

Taehyung stood there on the marble flooring with a heavy heart, eyes widened, his grey hair making him blend in with the rest of the people there. The crowd was gigantic, all there to see River Vorian- the queen of Jupiter.

How the fuck did he not know that?

He'd never bothered to search her name up. His father rarely talked about it, so all Taehyung could do was envision what she would do. Every time he asked his father about her, he shut Taehyung down and told him to move on.

But how could he move on? It was his mother.

His mother, sitting on a throne, pristine held eyes glancing over the room in a manner that was nothing less than intimidating, and-

"T-Taehyungie you're a prince?" Jungkook gulped, and Taehyung's eyes were wide.

"Bitch is royal," Jimin stated dryly, and Taehyung still continued looking at his mother with the widest of eyes.

"Hey!! Why are all of you freaking out!! I am a princess in my planet too!!!" Lav said with a small scowl, and Jimin wrapped one arm around her waist and then leaned in to whisper.

"Yeah, but you being a princess makes sense! Tae, a prince? I mean, look at him. A person who dips bread into ranch isn't a prince, Lav-"

"Shut up Jimin!" Taehyung whisper-snapped, and then looked ahead. He walked towards the line that led to the queen. Oh my god, he couldn't do this. He just couldn't.

How could he face her like this?? He looks like some common bitch!

But he's been waiting. He's been waiting for 20 fucking years to finally meet his mother one day. Hoping she's be everything he'd envision. As a 6-year-old child, seeing his friends getting picked up from playschool by loving mothers- he'd never had that.

But now that he knew she was a motherfucking

Queen??? He doesn't think she's going to be all that loving, especially with how scary she looked.

Jungkook stuck behind Taehyung, eyes starry.

"Wow, Tae you're going to be a prince!"

"No, I'm not," Taehyung chuckled dryly. The other boys waited on the other side.

"Yes, you are! King Taehyung. King Taehyung, King Taehyung-" Jungkook began chanting.

"Shut it, Kookie." Taehyung snapped, and then looked back at her. She was talking to some young girl, who was crying.

"T-thank you for h-helping my mother. -i-if it wasn't for you, my-my mother would've died!" The little girl cried, and Taehyung saw as his mother looked at her gently cupping her face.

"There is nothing I would do more. I hope you lead happy lives." She whispered, and the little girl hugged her and then rushed off.

"Wow" Jungkook said, and Taehyung hummed.

Suddenly, two guards came up to them, dark grey with almost black hair. "Are you Kim Taehyung?"

"Um..yes-"

"Come with us." The guards said, and then grabbed Taehyung from either side and dragged him to the side.

Jungkook followed along, eyes wide in worry.

"Guys please don't embarrass me in front of my mom or the people that work here," Taehyung said, and Jimin scoffed.

"Wow Tae! I wish you would have at least a little faith in us! It's not like I'm going to SCREAM about how you FIS-TED Jungkook in the middle of a mission-" Jimin laughed, and then all of them heard a clearing of the throat.