THIRTY ONE³¹

Burst of explosions, lava spewing out in every direction, nearby moons getting gangled and combusting into flames in space. The planet exploded.

And their spaceship just drew further and further away, almost in a frightened panic. Jungkook watched with widened eyes, and a skewed silence fell across the marbled control room.

"T-Taehyung-" Jungkook let out, voice weak, scratchy. His hands were still placed against the window, and he saw it all go up in flames. And just for a few seconds, he felt this gutted, aching, throbbing pain in his chest, abdomen, arms, neck, filling him up like an infestation, a virus.

For a few seconds, he felt this longing, a stretch of emptiness, hollow. So fucking hollow. Like he couldn't breathe, and if he did, the air would go in and get consumed in a void of nothing. He felt so empty.

"Jungkook," Jimin let out, eyes wide. "J-Jungkook, I'm-I'm so sorry-" Jimin started, but then Jungkook turned around, looking at the rest of them with watery eyes.

"T-T-Taehyung," Jungkook whispered, feeble, barely coherent. Jin walked up to him, wrapping his arms around him quickly, for Jungkook almost fell to the floor.

"I know- I-I know- I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," Jin whispered, but he also knew Jungkook's skin was turning a dark silver, and if he didn't treat it now, Jungkook might not make it either.

"He- h-he must've transported into the other thing!" Jungkook suddenly said, eyes going bright, tears reaching them as he tried so hard to push this whole thing away. "H-Hobi- go c-check. There was an extra transporter in t-the engine room, r-right? Y-you made two!"

Hoseok stood there for a few seconds, hands bundling up in fists beside him, looking down. "J-Jungkook, I'm sorry-" Hoseok let out in a whisper, and Jungkook shook his head, refusing to believe it.

"No- n-no-" Jungkook started, and Jin tried taking him into the medical room, but he pushed him away. "No!" Jungkook snapped, and then looked at Namjoon.

"You said it was safe!" Jungkook shouted, face red. "Y-you said I'd make it out alive- you- y-you promised!" Jungkook screamed, tears falling out of his eyes. Namjoon gulped, walking closer to it.

"I know," Namjoon said, and Jungkook pushed him away, vision going blurry, from the tears, and the exhaustion, the pain. "H-he w-wasn't supposed to die, I was!" Jungkook cried, and Namjoon grabbed him close.

"Kookie," Namjoon let out, voice strained, in a whisper. "I-I know t-this is really hard for you- a-and I'm so sorry, I-I really am-" Namjoon started, and Jungkook cried into his shoulder. "But- you- you need to get some rest, or you'll get really sick."

"I don't care! I-I don't care- he- has to be alive- he just- h-he can't just die like that! He c-came to save me, a-and-" Jungkook said, and then fell to the floor, not being able to hold himself up much longer, eyes sliding closed as his hands planted firmly to the ground to keep himself steady.

"T-Taehyungie," Jungkook squeaked out sadly, losing himself to his cried. His sobs only got louder, not trying to control it anymore. Jin walked up to him, lifting him up carefully and carrying him into the medicine room.

"I-I don't want him to die," Jungkook said softly, and Jin wiped Jungkook's tears away, ters in his own eyes.

"None of us do," Jin replied uietly, and Jungkook sniffled.

"I-It's all my fault. If I just- I-I don't know what happened. I froze. I couldn't move- I-I started seeing this black illusion like everything was in shapes and circles a-and-" Jungkook stammered, and Jin looked at him. "If I just.. did something properly for once he'd still be alive,"