CHAPTER 2 ~ FAT CHANCE

"Guys, guys! Wanna know who just won the districtwide spelling bee?" exclaimed Milton, running down the stairs towards Kim, Jerry, Max and Eddie

"Guys, guys! Wanna know who just won the districtwide spelling bee?" exclaimed Milton, running down the stairs towards Kim, Jerry, Max and Eddie. Jerry shook his head obliviously. "Here's a clue: M-e."

"Meh?" asked Jerry confused, brows furrowed.

"It's 'me', you toad!" exclaimed Milton.

"Yeah! You've been talking about it the whole weekend! You even talk about it in your sleep!" runted Max, slamming her locker and looking at him extremely annoyed at her gloating twin brother.

"What is that?" asked Eddie curiously.

"The trophy I won. It's a bronze bee." the ginger boy explained as he showed it to his friends.

"I've got fillings bigger than that thing." deadpanned Kim.

"I rode a little filly named 'perspicacious' all the way to the finish line. Now come on, who's the man?" asked Milton, but got no answer. "Who's the man?"

"Jack is the man!" exclaimed the school's principal, as he and many students, including Jack himself, entered the main corridor, which made everyone, except Milton and Max, chant his name.

Max approached her brother and patted his shoulder sympathetically, trying to not burst into laughter.

"It's okay, bro. Next time, next time..."

"Now thanks to Jack's routine, we've won our first gymnastics trophy in years." announced the principal.

"It wasn't really a routine... I was just trying to move fast enough, so no one would notice I was wearing a unitard." admitted Jack, making Max make a face of disgust. "When you're wearing one of those things, even when you win, you lose."

"You know, I just won the first spelling bee our school has ever..." started Milton, but was shortly interrupted by a suggestion by an excited Eddie, which made everyone cheer.

"Hey, show us what you did to win, Jack."

Said boy accepted and got ready, doing flips in the empty space that the students had made him. Once he finished, everyone clapped and applauded, making him beam.

"Jack, I hope that this means that you're going to stay on the gymnastics team." said the headmaster.

"I told you, it was a one-time deal. I win you your trophy and you get a little visit from the wedgie wizard." stated Jack.

"I guess a deal's a deal." muttered the grown man, bracing himself.

"Just go with it." advised Jerry 'the wedgie wizard' Martinez approaching the adult covering his hands with powder, then handing the bottle to Max. "Hold that for me. Whoo!"

And then he did it... HE ACTUALLY DID IT, resulting in the headmaster squeal in pain.

"Is that all you've got, punk?" he asked in an alarmingly high-pitched voice, making all the students burst into laughter.