Chapter - 3

Hyeok-u's first thought when he woke up was 'Where am I?' It happened quite a lot these days. On some mornings, he'd find himself in an alleyway, others in front of bars (though he never drunk) and some others at random places like under a bridge. Today it happened to be - of all people - So Mun's house and realization slowly dawned on him.

He didn't understand what was going on. He was attracted to the other like an iron piece to a magnet. Mun kept appearing in his life. He sat up. It seemed like he was in So Mun's bedroom. 'Again.' he added as an afterthought. At that moment the brunette walked in and said, "You're up. Come on out, let's eat."

Déjà vu flashed through Hyeok-u. However, this time he didn't object and climbed out of the bed. He saw Mun's face soften slightly and suddenly asked, "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you helping me? I've never helped you, heck I was the one who hurt you and you're literally taking care of me. It isn't fair." Mun couldn't hide his disappointed look as he thought, 'He doesn't remember' while the taller boy just looked confused. He couldn't help feeling guilty as he wasn't going to tell the other what had happened the previous night. "I never said it was." the brunette's answer surprised Hyeok-u. "You still have to make it up to me. But I can see you trying to change yourself. Besides, I've seen people worse than you. Now go take a shower, then let's go eat."

Grumbling at So Mun's pigheadedness, the redhead locked himself in the bathroom. The first thing he said when he stepped out, drying his dripping hair with a towel was, "Why did you treat my wounds? I could've taken care of it myself." Mun laughed slightly, glad that the other was back to his grumpy self and replied, "You expect me to just leave you like that? No way. I'll give another example right now. You aren't going anywhere until you've had a healthy meal and we've hung out."

"Fine, fine, but why?" the redhead gave in, unconsciously whining. 'Cute.' So Mun thought inwardly smiling. But he couldn't hide it, and Hyeok-u seeing it caught himself and slightly blushed. 'WhatishappeningtomewhyareyoureactinglikethisShinHyeoku?!' he screamed at himself internally. But there was something about So Mun's eyes that made Hyeok-u lose himself in them, something about his soft, curly hair that made him want to run his hands through it. He wanted to keep holding the brunette's hands to repel the darkness and stay in the warm sunshine.

He looked away, his cheeks still red and said, "Come on. Seems like I need to say a hi to your grandparents again." He slightly sighed and walked out of the room, leaving a laughing So Mun behind who yelled, "Hey! Wait for me!"

~🍜~

"Ah, Hyeok-u, you're here. So this was why So Mun was in his bedroom all evening. You two were hanging up?" So Mun's grandfather asked. "Grandpa, it's hanging out and stop, it's not like we're dating!" The words were out of Mun's mouth before he realized it and it left Hyeok-u (who was already blushing due to the Mun-staying-in-his-room-all-day-to-take-care-of-him comment) a furiously blushing mess. 'Aaaargh, why is this happening to me?'

So Mun's grandma, who had gotten comfy with Hyeok-u even though he'd visited only once before, said, "I wouldn't mind. He's such a nice boy and I'd like to have another person in the house. And he'd make a good match for you, So Mun-ah."

"Grandma!" the brunette hissed, also a bit red now. He noticed Hyeok-u's face was the same shade of his hair and realized this was probably a first for him. He hadn't ever even been loved platonically - how could he have had someone to love him romantically? This thought made Mun's heart ache slightly. Quickly changing the topic, he asked, "Can we have our breakfast outside?"

"Sure!" Mun's grandfather's face broke into a smile, breaking the awkwardness. "I'll pack it up for you."

Sorry I couldn't update, my mom wouldn't let me near the laptop.