Chapter - 4

As they set out, Hyeok-u asked, "Is this supposed to be a picnic or something?" So Mun gave him one of those smiles, the ones Hyeok-u disliked but liked. Doesn't make sense. He kept trying to convince himself he didn't like the other boy but the non-rational part of him chided, 'Oh,come on. You've fallen in love with him and that's that. Don't keep denying it.' 'What am I supposed to do about it?' his mind screamed. 'You're supposed to wait for the right moment, then tell him!' his heart screamed back, causing Hyeok-u to choke.

"Wha-? What happened, why are you choking? Was the place I said that bad?"

"Wha -uh -no -I . . ."

"Were you even listening?"

"I -um . . . no." Hyeok-u admitted.

"What happened?"

"It's nothing." the other replied, hoping he sounded offhanded.

"Hey come on, tell me!" So Mun said. Hyeok-u saw the other was being playful so he joked back, "Nope! I won't. It's a s-e-c-r-e-t!" He stuck his tongue out and then, for the first time, So Mun saw the redheaded boy smile. It melted his heart right there and then. It was a feast for his eyes . . . a sunny day, green trees, clear blue sky and a happy, contented, picture-perfect boy in the middle of it all.

He was so beautiful when he smiled, when he laughed, even when he just had that twinkle in his eyes . . . it made So Mun fall for him harder.

Aloud he said, "You should do that more often."

"Do what more often?

Oops. "I meant laugh more often."

Hyeok-u looked thoughtful. "I don't know. I don't think I deserve it." So Mun just wanted to wrap him in a hug and tell him it was alright. Sure, he'd hurt others but it was because he was also hurting and he didn't know how else to take it out. The weak, vulnerable side that So Mun had seen the day before showed that he was still the kid who had begged his father to unlock the closet door.

Hyeok-u meanwhile was taking in the view seen on the hill, mouth slightly open. 'Wow.' he thought. He had been to a lot of luxurious halls and exhibits but now he realised none of them could beat nature. 'Best view ever.'  Then when he turned around, he saw So Mun next to him, looking at the beautiful view, lost in thought. The redhead corrected himself. 'THIS is the best view ever.'  He never realised So Mun had turned around to look at him, thinking the same thing. Neither realised they were staring at each other.

Suddenly, there was a rustle in the tree behind them, causing them both to spin around and break the moment.

A man with a black hood (NOT Ji Cheong-sin), who had been spying on the two from the tree had now dropped to the ground He looked up. That's when it hit So Mun. He wondered how he hadn't realised it before. 

It was a spirit. An evil spirit.

(My chapters are so short, I'm sorry.)