Chapter 3: Let's Kill a Dragon

The Debris just sat still as the adventuring party of Vox Machina met an untimely end...

"Uh, get me out. Get-get me out! I'm trapped under Grog's ass!" Scanlan calls out from just under the rumble.

Oh, wait...

Grog strains as he shoves the rocks off him, bloodied and beaten. Another strained grunt as Jason shoves the rocks off with his shield revealing both him and Kryia bruised and scratched up.

Nope. Still alive, let's continue...

Trinket shoves the rocks out of the way as vines thicken, shoving the rest of the rumble off them, a cocoon just inside as Vax, Vex, Scanlan, and Pike and a pile as Keyleth held her hands out, conjuring the vines "So... this is what rock bottom feels like." Percy groans as he was at the bottom of the pile.

They file out from the safety of the hut as Jason helps Kyira walk, "You alright?" he asks her, she groans but nods her head. "I'm okay," she mutters, rubbing her temple. "At least we're still alive, thank the Everlight," Pike said, dusting herself off.

Vax rubs his shoulder. "And thanks to Keyleth for the giant shrub. But did you have to make it so thorny?" he mutters pulling out a throne from behind him.

They looked back at her, seeing she was shaken from the experience "That dragon. We almost... died." she stutters over her words, but Pike walks up and kneeled in front of her. "Expect we didn't die. Because of you, Keyleth. You hear me." he tells her.

Keyleth looks at her for a moment then flicks her eyes down, "We're alive because of you." Pike tells her again, then she and Pike walk out of the shrug. "Grog. You're hurt." Keyleth points out as Grog was holding his side.

But he shrugs at her, "Nah. Just a flesh wound. No big." he assures, but groans a little. "Question: Is this normal?" he asks, removing his hand, and revealing a gaping wound that was gushing with blood.

"Oh, no."

"Holy shit."

"I'm gonna throw up."

"Oh, that's not right."

The party gasped in disgust as Kyria just veers her head away, covering her mouth as she keeps herself from gagging, "You throw up on me, and I drop you." Jason threatens her, and she shot a side glare at him.

Pike walks up to Grog and places her hand against him, "Hold still old friend. I got you." she tells him then closes her eyes, clutching the medallion of the Everlight and concentrating.

The warm hue glow emanates from her palm as Grog's gaping wound closes, making him inhale deeply. "Oh, I feel better already. Thanks, Pike. You're the best." he said with a smile.

But she just sighs. "That... took a lot out of me," she mutters then began to fall. "Pike." Kyria calls out to her, but Scanlan immediately jumps for her, "I got you." he assures, catching her in his arms.

Pike flutters her eyes and looks up at him, "Oh! Uh, thanks." she mutters, but Scanlan holds this serious look in his eyes as he just stares down at her. Making her flicker her eyes for a moment. "Oh, uh, you can put me down now," she tells him.

Making Scanlan blinks for a moment and pulls away, helping her up. "Oh. Yeah. Uh... yeah." he mutters, turning away and scratching the back of his head as his cheeks were red.

Vax dusts himself off and crosses his arms, looking at the others. "All right, fuck Uriel and all of this, we're done here. We didn't sign up for certain death," he tells them. "Must I remind you we gave our word to the council? That should probably mean something." Percy reminds of them the deal.