111 ; luna and the thestrals

i just got a septum piercing lol
──────⊱◈◈◈⊰──────

i just got a septum piercing lol ──────⊱◈◈◈⊰──────

──────⊱◈◈◈⊰──────

YOU HAPPILY PAT THE BABY THESTRAL.

you and luna had come out for a walk in the forest, also to feed the thestrals.

the baby one runs around you, you grin.

lune was shoeless while you refused to not wear shoes.

"hello, harry potter"

you glance over to luna where harry was now standing, giving the baby one last scratch on the head before walking over to the two.

"your feet. aren't they cold?"

luna nods, "bit. unfortunately, all my shoes have mysteriously disappeared. i suspect nargles are behind it"

you nod.

"what are they?" harry asks, looking at the big thestral.

"they're thestrals. quite gentle, really, but people avoid them because they're a bit..."

"different" you and harry say at the same time.

you all walk forwards, "but why can't the others see them?" harry questions.

"they can only be seen by people who've seen death"

"so you've known someone who's died, then?" harry asks.

luna nods, "my mum. she was quite an extraordinary witch, but she did like to experiment. one day, one of her spells went  badly wrong. i was 9"

"i'm sorry" harry says.

"yes, it was rather horrible. i do feel very sad about it sometimes, but i've got dad"

she takes an apple from her bag, "we both believe you, by the way. that he-who-must-not-be-named is back, and you fought him.. and the ministry and the prophet are conspiring against you and dumbledore"

"thanks. it seems you're about the only ones who do"

"i don't think that's true" luna rolls and apple to the thestral.

"but i suppose that's how he wants you to feel"

"what do you mean?" harry asks.

"well, if i were you-know-who.. i'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else. cause if it's just you alone.. you're not as much of a threat"

luna chucks the baby thestral some meat, smiling..

──────⊱◈◈◈⊰──────

──────⊱◈◈◈⊰──────

words ; 330

date posted ; 29/04/22

©_behindyou_