112 ; rules

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

YOU SIT NEXT TO HERMIONE, SCOOPING UP SOME CHEERIOS.

"do you ever stop eating?" she asks ron who was eating a sausage while reading something, you pause, spoon half way through your mouth.

you glance over to harry as he walks over awkwardly.

"harry" hermione says, you raise an eyebrow, shoving the spoon in your mouth,

why's she sound so shocked?

"can i join you?"

you look between them,

did something happen?

"pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?"

everybody goes silent at umbridge's cross voice, all getting up and heading over to where her voice was coming from.

"i am merely requesting that when it comes to my students.. you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices" mcgonagall says.

you step out, they were both on the stairs.

"so silly of me, but it sounds.. as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, minerva" she steps one up ahead of mcgonagall.

"not at all, delores" mcgonagall steps up also, "merely your medieval methods"

you grin, "fight. fight. fight" you whisper, hermione pinches you, you hiss in pain, rubbing your arm.

"i am sorry, dear. but to question my practices, is to question the ministry.. and by extension, the minister himself. i am a tolerant woman"

you scoff, "as if"

"but the one thing i will not stand for is disloyalty"

mcgonagall steps down one, "disloyalty"

umbridge steps up another, "things at hogwarts are far worse than i feared. cornelius will want to take immediate action.

══⊹⊱∆⊰⊹══

FROM THEN ON, HOGWARTS BECAME A SHITSHOW.

umbridge was appointed to 'the post of hogwarts high inquisitor' as the frame said, which filch had gladly hung up on the wall for all to see.

people were now wondering what happened to dumbledore and why umbridge was able to take such high control over the school.

the whole thing was all over the daily prophet, fudge had even said the standards at hogwarts were dropping and exceedingly low.

if she saw you holding hands with someone, you would be whisked away from each other with a flick of her wand.

she would even barge into classrooms, questioning teachers and how they teach their subject.

she would go around, fixing up everyone's ties enough to choke them.

she had even come into potions class room, snape was not very pleased.

"you applied first for the defence against the dark arts post, is that correct?"

"yes."

"but you were unsuccessful?"

"obviously."

you and ron hd both snorted, to which snape came around after and smacked you both over the head with some parchment.

she also interrupted a game fred and george were playing outside.

it seemed at this point, the whole point of her being there was to make the school miserable. and it didn't help that she had the same smile on every single day. not a kind one, but a mocking one, as if saying 'try and do something about it'

she would walk around the school, holding a clipboard and marking things off.

many, many rules had come into place.

such as :

'no music is to be played during study hours'

'all weasley products will be banned immediately'

'proper dress and decorum is to be maintained at all times'

she had even made one, especially for you.

'no walking anyone to their common rooms'

she had also questioned your teeth, telling you to get them fixed and that they would not be prohibited, apparently being seen as a possible weapon.

she was even monitoring the choir, even measuring mr. flitwicks height right in front of him.

you had rolled your eyes as she entered your divination classroom.

"could you please predict something for me?"

trelawney looks appalled, "i'm sorry?"

"one teensy little prophecy?"

trelawney stays silent, probably thinking of something.

umbridge ticks something off, "pity"

"no, wait, wait, no. i-i i think i do see something, yes" trelawney stops her walking off, "yes, i do. something dark.. you are in grave danger"

well i sure hope so

umbridge had just smiled thinly, "lovely"

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

words ; 643

date posted ;  29/04/22

©_behindyou_