Part 7: A Memory.

As Ningguang orders, Beidou goes to her office room to visit her Lady. She knocked on the door, "Lady Ningguang, it's me, Beidou.", said Beidou.

"Come on in, Beidou.", said Ningguang from inside the room and Beidou opens the door. She bows at her Lady.

"Beidou, are you free at the weekend?", asked Ningguang as she stands up from her chair to walk towards Beidou.

"Yes, my Lady.", answers Beidou shortly.

"Very well, my father wants me to attend the business party in Mondstadt. Can you accompany me?", asked Ningguang with her arms folded over her chest.

"Of course, my Lady, I will prepare for your carriage", answered Beidou.

"Good. Also take Keqing and Ganyu, as my father insists on taking guards to keep me safe. But...", said Ningguang as she walks closer to Beidou.

"Don't you think I only need you to protect me from danger? Right? As you will protect me with your life?", Ningguang smirks and whisper her words in Beidou's ear.

"Of course not, my Lady. I also need assistance from Keqing and Ganyu. We work together to always keep you safe.", answer Beidou straightly that makes Ningguang kinda annoyed.

"Tsk... you're no fun. Well, I'll see you this weekend. Better pack up some clothes as we will stay in Mondstat for a couple of days.", said Ningguang as she walks back to her desk and sips her tea.

"I will, and I'll be sure to inform Keqing and Ganyu as well. Is there anything else, my Lady?", asked Beidou.

"No, that's all and make sure that- AAH-", Ningguang suddenly slipped and almost fall to the ground.

Beidou quickly holds her tight by Ningguang's shoulder and picks her Lady in a bridal style. Ningguang blushes from ear to ear as Beidou completely holds her bare skin with her hands. They looked at each other eyes for some time as Ningguang takes a look closer at Beidou's eye patch.

The two of them then realize the position they're in and Beidou immediately put her lady back to stand on the ground. They've exchanged looks for some time and the atmosphere becomes somehow awkward between the two of them.

"Beidou, I-.", but Ningguang's words are shushed by Beidou. "No, I am sorry, my Lady, for touching you without permission. I will take all the consequences.", bows Beidou.

"It's not that, Beidou. I am fine. You should be more relaxed when there are only the two of us.", said Ningguang smiling.

"I see, I will keep that in mind. Lady Ningguang.", said Beidou as she suddenly sees a paper on top of Ningguang's desk.

"Pardon me, my Lady. May I see the paper on top of your desk?", asked Beidou seeking her Lady's approval.

"No, I mean- fine, you may.", stuttered Ningguang as she seems like she has been keeping this sheet of paper a secret.

Beidou nods and she hols up the paper, it was a letter with a childish drawing. Beidou reads the letter and she sees there are two girls in the drawing, but what makes Beidou surprised is that the sender of the letter is herself. Yes, she wrote the letter, but of course, she doesn't remember the letter at all.

Hello, Ningguang!
It's me, Beidou.
You told me that it is alright for me to write you a letter so I wrote you this letter.
I am so happy that today we get to spend time with each other today at the beach!
We get to play in the water, run on the beach, and also make a sandcastle together!
It was so fun! I hope that we can do this again together in the future!
Also, next time let's do fishing! I am good at it so you should be surprised. Hehehe.
Okay, I draw you this picture when we're together! Do you like it? I've tried my best to draw it well.
Oh, and maybe you could reply to this letter if you want! Byeee
-signed Beidou

Beidou couldn't believe what she sees in this letter. As she wants to remember it, but she can't. Her head and eye hurts, her vision becomes somewhat blurry, and her breathing becomes heavy. Ningguang notices this and immediately holds Beidou's hand. "Beidou, are you alright? ", asked Ningguang.

Beidou doesn't answer her Lady and it is unusual for her to do so. "I am sorry, my Lady, may I leave?", asked Beidou as she can't hold her body for too long.

Ningguang stops Beidou from leaving and makes Beidou sits on her sofa. Beidou couldn't think of anything else as many questions rise in her head. "Beidou...", said Ningguang softly as she touches Beidou's cheeks.

"My Lady, can you tell me everything?", asked Beidou desperately.

"I will, Beidou. But not right now, I can't bear seeing you like this. I promise that I will tell you everything later. Now, let's rest shall we?", said Ningguang softly as she strokes Beidou's hair.

Beidou eventually loosens up and closed her eyes for a while to calm herself, she is always calm but somehow the past that she encounters makes her uneasy. Beidou never let go Ningguang's hand as Ningguang lets Beidou be. They rest up for a while on the sofa as Beidou's mind drifted to the sea.