2

I stare at my phone for the countless time this morning. There is no response from my father about all the questions I asked him since yesterday. All my messages were not responded and all my calls were not answered.

"At least tell me beforehand about this bodyguard, dad..", I sigh as I put my phone away, giving up on waiting for a response from my old man.

He is always busy whenever he is out of the country and I will not bother him but this sudden appearance of a personal bodyguard for me is making me pissed off. I wonder why he did not tell me first before sending me a stranger into our house yesterday. And I wonder how powerful that bodyguard is until the police will not take action on him for taking me away from my own house. Just who is this Jeon Jungkook actually?

"Ms Park, are you awake?", there he is ruining my peace. "It's almost noon. I know you're no longer a student but-", he shuts up when I open the door of my bedroom. "Hi, Ms Park.", he greets me as he eyes me from top to bottom.

"Can you not check me out like that?", I ask him directly as I feel uncomfortable with him obviously looking at my body.

His eyes dart to mine before he tilts his head a little, "I'm sorry if you're uncomfortable. I just want to make sure that you've changed your clothes from yesterday."

I nod as I cross my arms, "Still think I'm trying to run away?"

He shakes his head, "I'm just thinking how long a clean freak like you can wear the same clothes for days."

I frown at his statement, "Mr Jeon..I'm alright with that clean freak title you gave me but can I ask you something?"

He nods.

"Is it your job to hurt my feelings with such statement?", I glare at him, trying to tell him that he should be a good employee or he will face the consequences for his negative remarks on me.

"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm sorry if I did that.", he says with his expressionless face.

I smirk at him, "To be honest, I've gotten even more hurtful words from other people. Yours weren't that meaningful to even be remembered, Mr Jeon."

He gives me a nod in response. Nothing more than that.

"Anyway, since you've seen me alive and well and changed my clothes, can you leave my sight for some time? I want to be alone around the house for a while, please.", I tell him as I step out from my bedroom.

I head to the kitchen as I try to ignore him. When I check the fridge and counters, I can feel his eyes following my every moves. I roll my eyes after our eyes meet briefly.

"Are you hungry?", he asks while crossing his arms. "There's nothing in the kitchen except the ramen I bought yesterday. If you want to eat, I can call for delivery.", he adds as he takes out his phone.

"Can I go out instead?", I reply to him.

"I'm-", I raise my hand before he finishes his words.

"Before you think I'm trying to run away, let me tell you why I want to go out. I want to buy some groceries, I prefer cooking my own food rather than getting food delivery.", I tell him as I get a glass of water to drink.

He nods before he approaches me, "What do you want to buy? I'll get them for you."

He hands me his phone, "Type them in. Make a list for me as detailed as possible."

I shake my head at him.

"Are you really going to keep me confined here? I don't remember my daddy said that in his text, Mr Jeon.", I glare at him.

He looks at me quietly as he puts his phone back in his typical black bodyguard suit. Oh, did I mention about his clothes before? He never changes his clothes even though we are in the house. He keeps wearing his black suit like how a bodyguard usually dresses and it irritates me to see him wearing that same colour since yesterday.

"You can go out but I will be with you anywhere you go. Are you okay with that, Ms Park?", he asks me as he takes a glance at his watch.

"Whatever. As long as I can still go out, I don't think I mind you being around.", I try to tell him convincingly that his presence is none of my concern.

"Okay, be ready in half an hour. I'll be waiting for you at the living room.", he says before he leaves.

🌸

I regret saying that I do not mind the presence of a personal bodyguard with me outside. I thought the days of being the topic of false rumours and being glared at had ended once I graduated. Seems like it is still happening even when I am outside.

"Ju- Jungkook..", I call his name as we cross the road at the parking area of the mall.

He is leading me into the mall after we went to the wet market. I suggest to go here since there are some things that were not found in the market. He is reluctant to go at first but still coming with me after a few attempts of begging in the car.

"Jungkook!", I whisper-shout to stop him.

He looks back with raised brows.

"You call my name?", he asks as he looks around if there is a threat in the surrounding.

"Look at me..", I tell him.

His eyes meet mine.

"Can you...be more relaxed?", I ask him as he looks so into his job as a bodyguard, he really is guarding me very well and I do not really like it.

He frowns, "More relaxed? What do you mean, Ms Park?"

I want to shut his mouth but I stop my hands before reaching his face, "Can you...not call me so formally like that?"

He looks around, "I'm your bodyguard. How else should I call you if not formally then?"

I shake my head, "Just call me Roseanne or Chaeyoung. I don't want people to think I'm some highly respected person with some serious bodyguard walking into this mall. I want to be like everyone else. Normal...person.."

"But you are a highly..."

"That's my dad. Not me. Please treat me like a normal person, Jungkook.", I ask him as he keeps his gaze on me.

"Is that why you call me by my name?", he replies.

I nod quietly, I hope he understands why I do not like being treated differently.

"Okay, now where to, Rosie? I haven't been here for a while. Would you lead me the way, old friend?", his new tone caught me off guard.

I literally shut up as I look at him loosening his black tie and unbutton the top button of his white shirt.

"Rosie?", I blink at him as he called my nickname which only my closest ones use.

My eyes are distracted by his hair that he just brushed messily.

"Is this enough to fool people that we're friends?", I barely catch his whispering words.

"Rosie?"

"Ye- yeah. Come on, let's get something to eat. I'm starving already.", I walk ahead of him to the entrance.

Is he following me? I don't know. I just hope this weird warmth I feel on my face will fade away in an instant.