00

"my eyes refuse to watch you leave, so tears will blur the memory

"my eyes refuse to watch you leave, so tears will blur the memory."

───────⊹⊱✧⊰⊹───────

𝐈 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 sleep wash over me as I sat at one of the café tables. After a long day of work I needed a rest.

I look at the clock hanging on the wall above me, and realise my shift was almost over. With the energy I had left I muster enough strength to push myself off the chair and head behind the counter, I pass the counter and step inside the small staff room in the back, where I find Liz standing there already.

"Hey, is it alright if I get off now? I'm so exhausted" I groan to the short hair blonde.

She gives me a heartfelt smile as she says "Of course, but I have something to give you first" She reaches into the green folder and pulls out a white envelope, handing it to me.

"Your monthly salary!" Oh. I completely forgot about that. I take the envelope from her dry hands as a I smile gratefully.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to have received my salary, I had just forgotten that I am working for 'my' money, as my parents cover all the costs for my apartment, studies and things like that.

"Thanks Liz, see you tommorow!"

"See you, hun!" Liz calls out after me,
Little did I know that would be the last time I'd ever see her again.

I walk out of the café happily content,
My hands rest on the strap of my backpack tightly as the cold wind caresses my skin ever so gently.

Whilst I carry on with my journey. I turn right around the corner, only to find a strange man dressed in leather leaning against the wall smoking a cigarette. He isn't anywhere close to me, but I intend to keep my head down and walk past him as if he wasn't there.

But there were a change of plans.

Just as I were about to pass the weird guy, I'm stopped by a hand that grips my arm. Hard.

Fear pulsates through my veins as I stand there frozen. My heart beats against my rib cage as I start to panic mentally.

Fuck, fuck, fuck what do I do?

I take a deep breath before turning towards the man in a cool manner.

Dad says, Don't let them see your vulnerability, it only gives them the upper hand.

So, that's just what I do. Don't give them the upper hand.

"Can I help you?" I asked bluntly.

He grins.

"Alanna Rose Charleston, Damn." His thick Italian accent sticking to each of his words, he smirks "You're much prettier than they say you are..." He brings his hand forward to stroke my face, to which I immediately react to.