07

"I long to exist in the spaces of  your heart, where no one else had ever been

"I long to exist in the spaces of  your heart, where no one else had ever been."

─────⊹⊱✧⊰⊹─────

𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐓 think I've ever been this enthralled by someone. Its as if she can glow. And I can't look away.

"And do NOT call me Principessa." She cringed. I chuckle. I enjoy teasing her, she gets all flustered when I make my snarky remarks. To which she doesn't appreciate. But I don't care. This is...amusing.

𝑩𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒎𝒂.. [Beautiful] Pierce breathed out, completely in awe of our mate.

Cosa faremo Pierce? A chi lo diremo?
[ What are we going to do Pierce? Who are we going to tell?]

I ask worried for the future.

𝑫𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝒂 𝒕𝒖𝒐 𝒑𝒂𝒅𝒓𝒆? [Tell your father?]

No. Dirglielo metterebbe in pericolo la principessa.
[No. Telling him would put the princess in danger.]

Many would call my father an honourable and courageous man.

But there's nothing courageous about him. Not anymore. He's a coward who hides behind the beta's of the pack and expects them to protect him. I've learnt many things over my time on earth, many life lessons, many secrets. I expected to endure alot of harm and challenges in my life.

That's how it was. I used to tell myself it was destiny. But that's a bunch of bullshit.

Never before had I thought about being betrayed like that. By my own father.

𝑨𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒂 𝒏𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒊 𝒇𝒊𝒅𝒊 𝒅𝒊 𝒍𝒖𝒊?
[Still don't trust him?] Pierce asks. Knowing the answer to that question already.

Nope.

𝑩𝒆𝒏𝒆. [Good.] A ferocious snarl escapes between his jagged teeth. I could hear it. Feel it.

I grip the silver spoon tighter as I fight the anger that intensifies within me. The anger that craves freedom. My left hand resting upon the white marble island in a tight fist.

I shake my head slightly trying to keep it together.

Peering up at the small human across from me, I see her eyes focused on something else behind me.

Someone else.

Inhaling subtly, I recognise that wretched scent in seconds. Whipping my head around to glare at the blonde haired boy standing by the grand oak door, immersed in conversation with The Charleston King and Queen.

Gabriel and Sofia Charleston.

I hate him. I hate him with a passion. And the little bitch knows it. If I had the chance to rip his throat from his neck I would gladly take it. But death would be too generous of a gift for him. I want to make him suffer. I need to make him suffer. And I will.

But not right now. My priorities lie somewhere else at the moment.

I'm brought back to reality by the princess who passes by me in a hurry, the scent of coconut shampoo immediately hitting my senses and I thoughtlessly follow her.

She was headed for the door. For her parents. Where he was.

"James?" She calls out, earning a smile from the blue eyed boy who's smile drops when he spots me closely behind.

Why is she speaking to him?

"Can I speak to you? In-In private?"

Excuse me, What?

She moves her head to her parents, who silently nod and move to give her the space she needs, her mother caresses her arm reassuringly as she gives her a heartwarming smile.

Sofia's eyes scan mine when she moves them to glance up at me. The princess really was a spitting image of her mother, except for the eyes.

We've only encountered each other's presence a few times, nothing over an hour. No surprise though. We have no business with one another so it would be pointless to get to know each other.

When her parents move to the side, the Princess and James turn to face each other.

Now I subconsciously step forward, closer to the princess than where I'm supposed to be. I hate the thought of him. With her. I feel the need to be protective. While I respect the princess's  personal space, I can't risk it when she's around danger. What if I'm too far away from her and I'm not there in time to save her.

I would blame myself. And myself only.

James watches between the princess and myself warily, hesitant in what he should say.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" He asks.

"I just ─ I just wanted to thank you again for saving me."

How noble. I wonder how much he got paid.

James's aura glows. "Ah, really it's ─"

"No. You saved my life. I owe you one." She interrupts, why did she have to say she owes him.

His brow arches upward as a mischievous smirk plays on his lips.

Don't. Even. Think about it. I warn James through the mind link, and again he doesn't expect it.

I hear Pierce's fierce growl in a corner of my mind. His growl warning James to back off. I could smell his dirty intentions before James could even think of them. And so did Pierce.

"I guess you do."

─────⊹⊱✧⊰⊹─────

⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅

𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬: 𝟖𝟑𝟑

⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅

─── 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍 (𝐯.)

𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘵

hi everyone, sorry this chapter was so short I just had to get a chapter out to keep the story going. hope you enjoyed tho!

── author, thehalokid.