03

"Home sweet Home

"Home sweet Home."

────────⊹⊱✧⊰⊹────────

𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐄 down at the knitted creme sweater laid out on the bed along with the matching creme sweatpants.

After I moisturise my body, I put the clothes on. Blow dry my hair, brush it and put it in a low messy bun.

I appreciate the family crest engraved on my upper arm, remembering the day I got the tattoo ─ my 18th Birthday.

I acknowledge the faint knock on the door, returning to reality. "Its open," I say, fiddling with the strings on my waist. The door opens slowly, a head peaking out from behind it. It was our female head of staff ─ we have two; a female and a male ─ this is Danielle. The other is Dorian.

Dorian has been in our family longer that Danielle has, he's a nice old man with a very lovely family he works for in order to feed them and keep a roof above them. So he has more experience, as well as being closer to us physically and emotionally.

However, I don't know Danielle very well. I think she's been working here since just before I left to live on my own in Brookhaven.

I'm pretty sure she has a crush on my brother Hunter.

I don't ship.

"Sorry to bother you, Ms.Charleston, I just came up to tell you your mother is asking for you," She stands there giving me a half tired smile. "She wishes to see you in your father's study." She ends.

I notice her hair, the hairs of her ponytail sticking out from the top, and her once tightened tail now becoming loose. For the very few times I've seen her, she's always had this look of an effortless slick back pony tail or bun ─ not like this though.

I decide not to say anything, she could just be having a bad day. I wouldn't want to ruin it even further. I know how it feels when that one thing ruins your mood for the whole day.

She can find out on her own.

I nod, telling her I'll be down in a bit.

Wanting her to leave as soon as possible. After she leaves, I soon realise that I've misplaced my phone. The last time I had it was 3 months ago...

Ugh. Now how will I listen to music..

I don't know if I have anything super important on my phone..

Wait, I completely forgot about my bank account.

THEY'RE GONNA STEAL ALL MY MONEY!!

Oh wait. Haha I'm dumb, they need passwords to get in, and I don't keep my passwords on my phone.

Because I have great memory.

Happily content yet mindful with the way I'm feeling, I go downstairs and head for my Dad's study.

────────⊹⊱✧⊰⊹────────

I stand in front of the door, admiring it dark oak patterns, and it's glossy texture. I hear voices behind the huge door in front of me.

Many voices. Unfortunately, I can't hear their words. They're muffled by the soundproof walls.

I furrow my eyebrows, maybe Dad was in a meeting. But why would Mom request my presence if he was busy?

I haven't seen my brothers around the house yet, if they were even here.

I finally knock on the doors after gathering the courage to interrupt the many conversations happening in the other room.

Silence. The room was quiet now.

My eyes looked back and forth between the door knob and the door in front of me. Awaiting for the door knob to twist and the doors to open.

I see the door knob twist to the right, and the door opens.

As the door opens, I'm greeted with a pair of chocolate brown eyes, the ones that belonged to a familiar of mine. His ungroomed hair falling between his eyes. He wore a casual dark red dress shirt and black jeans.

Typical Keith.

A radiant smile spreads across my face at the sight of my older brother in front of me.

His eyes widen as he drops his arms to his sides.

"Alanna?" My brother croaks out, my heart breaking at the sound of his voice.

My feet move quickly, arms wrapping around his abdomen, my head only reaches his shoulder. He's so much more taller than me. Stupid genes.

Keith folds me in his arms, resting them around my shoulder. I can't help  but start crying again. I cried silently into his chest and felt his arms engulf me in a tighter hug.

"Shhh, it's okay you're home now Rose" Keith reassures as he tries to console me. He finally let's go of me, I wipe my tears away with the sleeves of my sweater.

He gives me a warming smile, non verbally telling me I should smile too. So I do.

As you can tell, me and my brother Keith are very close, we only have a 4 year difference and as kids we always bickered but also found ways to come to terms with each other. During this time we grew closer, and started sharing stuff that went on in our life more often. However, It's not the same with my two other brothers.

I guess you could say me and Keith have a special bond.

───────⊹⊱✧⊰⊹───────

⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅
𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬: 𝟖𝟕𝟒
⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅

٭
─── 𝐓𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐀 (𝐧.)

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘶𝘯𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥; 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦

→