in which sherlock learns to touch.

"John?"

At last, after five hours of just staring at space, the worlds only consulting-detective, speaks.

"Yes, Sherlock?" His blogger, flatmate, 'perhaps' bestfriend, John, his John. Watson. Hamish. He remembered the time when he found out John's Hamish. It was with Irene. Irene. Irene was really really in love with him. Still is. He thinks. No, he knows. But he ended up despising her in the end. Until the beheading. Hm. He's doing it again!

Snapping out of his trance, he recalls what he wanted to say to John. John. Watson. Jo-

"Erm.. I was thinking.."

"Isn't that what you do?"

"Shut up, John."

"Alright." John chuckled. Why was John always so calm and collected and happy and cheerful? Why wasn't he like that? Was he really cold hearted? There isn't really much to do when you care. You just, pour your emotions. You can't really help people by caring.

"I care for you." What. What did he just say?

"What?"

He gave John his pointed look. The one that says, 'I said it, I'm not repeating it.'

"Okay. I care for you, too." John says, landing a hand to Sherlock's knee. Gently patting Sherlock's knee. It was kinda weird. Human contact.

"What are you doing?" Sherlock inquired.

"I'm just patting your knee, Sherlock. It's a sign of reassurance." John leaned back against his chair, hands folded across his chest. It was Sherlock's turn to lean forward, hands intertwined, pressed against his lap.

"Reassurance for what?"

"That, I do care for you."

"What do you need human contact for? Why does it do things? How?"

John chuckled again at his flatmate. He doesn't really know anything about emotions. Well, that was what he thought anyway. He was like a robot. Just existing, not feeling things or emotions. He always thought if Sherlock was ever in a relationship.

"Well, Sherlock, touch is very important."

"But why? Elaborate. I need to be satisfied."

John laughs at this. It sounded wrong, he admits. But it was Sherlock. Oblivious to human nature Sherlock.

"Come on. Stand up." John says, standing up as well. Sherlock stands up instantly. John was aware of the height difference. He didn't like it, but it was there. "Okay, now, hug me."

"What?" Sherlock asked. John almost laughed. He looked flabbergasted.

"Oh come on, Sherlock. It won't kill you. It's just a hug. And besides, you even forget the meaning of personal space. Sometimes."

"I do?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

John chuckled, completely amused with his bestfriend. "Come on then." He raised his arms sideward, giving Sherlock space to put his hands around his waist. Sherlock was hesitating, he could tell. Then finally, finally, Sherlock closed the gap between them. John wrapped his arms around Sherlock's neck, nestling his head on Sherlock's chest. "Put your head on my shoulder." Sherlock did. Nuzzling his head into John's neck. "Doesn't it feel nice, Sherlock?"

Sherlock suddenly felt hyper-aware of everything. He felt John's head pressed against his chest. The way John's hands circled around his neck. John's steady pulse drumming against his own lips. John's smell. (Tea, milk and his own natural scent.) John's breathing. He could even feel John smiling against his chest. Everything that he feels, hears and sees is John. His John.

"It's very nice, John."

"Very nice indeed." The blogger pulls away from the embrace. Smiling and then started walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Sherlock asked.

"Just going to get some milk. And beans. And sugar. And everything."

"Hurry?"

"Of course. Wouldn't want my detective to get bored now, do we?"

Sherlock chuckled and walked to where John was standing. He had his arms poised, asking for another hug.

"Another one?" John asked.

"Please."

"Of course." John then hugged Sherlock. But it was quick and short before he then proceeded out the door and down the stairs, leaving Sherlock completely unsatisfied. But now, Sherlock understood why touch was important. Touch made you want more. Touch made you feel feelings. He now liked touching. Only John, though. He only wanted to touch John.