in which john and sherlock came out to mycroft.

The couple came home at about 11 p.m., drained from running around London. They were both huffing and struggling to catch their breaths. Sherlock's cheeks were a bit flushed from running and John's hair was slightly ruffled from running. They looked like they just shagged, to be honest. They leaned against the wall, slightly bent over.

"Well, that was that." Sherlock started.

"Ha. Yes. Woo." John huffed, still trying to catch his breath.

"Let's go then." Sherlock said, grabbing John's wrist, leading them upstairs to their flat. The couple were giggling like little teenage girls, John all the while trying to get rid of Sherlock's scarf and coat while Sherlock was trying to peel off John's cardigan.

When they finally reached their shared flat, John dove in and kissed Sherlock against the closed door, hands sweeping around and closing around Sherlock's neck. Sherlock, shocked and having been distracted from opening the door, accidentally opened the door, causing for them to fall back on the hardwood floor.

"Ow! You git!" Sherlock exclaimed.

"Well, I'm sorry for distracting you with my love! Inconsiderate twat!" John retorted, making them both giggle more. John leaned in and pecked Sherlock's lips. Again and again and again. They were both smiling like idiots. All dazed and drunk with their affection for each other. It was an almost perfect scene, John on top of Sherlock spreading kisses all over his face after a very tiring case, when suddenly..

"My god!" Mycroft boomed, causing the boys to stand up and look to him.

"No, Mycroft. It's just us." John joked, hoping to make light of the situation. Sherlock laughed, and hugged John, nuzzling his head in John's neck. Sherlock's lips were vibrating from his closed-mouth laughing, making goose bumps appear everywhere on John's body. It was definitely something else.

"Well, if you two are done sharing your affection, I will be in the kitchen avoiding the two of you." Mycroft stated, walking to the kitchen and leaning his hip against the counter.

"Ah, brother." Sherlock said, walking to the kitchen and standing in front if his brother. "Sorry you had to see that."

"Yeah. Well, technically it's your fault for sneaking in our flat." John retorted, a bit of annoyance in his voice. Sherlock then placed a hand at the small of John's back, trying to calm him down.

Mycroft had his hands on his temple, massaging gently, as though seeing the two of them kiss scarred him for life. It's a bit annoying, really.

"Apologies, then. For sneaking in your flat." One of Mycroft's many fake smiles was now plastered on his face.

"Thank you. Sherlock, I'll be in your room." John nodded and headed off to Sherlock's bedroom. After a few good beats, Mycroft spoke up.

"I must be off then." Mycroft announced, raising his cane and putting it back on the ground.

"Why were you here in the first place?"

"To congratulate the both of you."

"Ah. Well, be on your way then. I have a grumpy hedgehog to take care of. Good bye!" Sherlock said, pushing Mycroft out the door, rolling his eyes as soon as he was gone.