001

The girl was sitting in her bedroom, doing her homework quietly, when she suddenly heard voices coming from downstairs.

  She recognized them as her parents, more like her mother arguing with her fiance, she strained her ears to listen in on what they were saying.

  She could hear her mother's voice rising in volume as she spoke, while her 'father's' was slightly lower, but no less passionate. From what she could gather, they were arguing about financial troubles they were having.

  Her 'father' was trying to reassure her mother that everything was going to be fine, but her mother's voice was growing increasingly agitated. The girl could hear her mother shouting about bills, debt, and how they needed to cut back on expenses. She could also hear her 'father' trying to reason with her, but her mother refused to listen.

  Finally, her 'father's' voice raised in anger as well, and the girl could hear him yelling about how they couldn't keep living like this. The argument continued, growing more and more heated, until the girl could hear plates being thrown and furniture being knocked over.

  The girl was frozen in fear, not knowing what to do. Her parents were arguing louder and louder. Her father's voice was loud and belligerent while her mother's voice was quiet and defensive.

  She covered her ears, but the sound of the argument still penetrated her eardrums. She tried to focus on her homework, but it was difficult to ignore the commotion happening downstairs. The sound of dishes shattering and her mother's sobs made her heart hurt.

  Her 'father's' voice grew louder, and he started to curse at her mother. She had heard her 'father' yell at her mother before, but this time, it felt different. The words he was saying were cruel and hurtful, and she could sense a dark anger in his voice.

  The argument continued on for what seemed like hours. The sound of footsteps stomping around the house made her want to scream, but she held back her tears. She didn't know what to do or how to make it stop.

  Finally, she heard her 'father's' car start and then pull out of the garage. Her mother emerged into her own bedroom with swollen eyes and a sad expression on her face. She wanted to go to her parents room and hug her mother but thought it would be best if she gave her space.

  For a 5 year old this can be difficult to hear, she was decently smart in her class. But she didn't quite understand what happened at home. All she knew was that her mother was marrying the guy in a week. Never quite understanding the two adults arguing about financial issues due to the about to be, step father's family.

  To say the least they were loaded.

  The week rolled around and all she could think about was the anger issues her mother's fiance had.

  "Cosette, dear can you help me tie my dress?" Her mother spoke, collecting the young girl's attention. Smiling lightly she nodded her head walking up to her mother who stood in a gorgeous gown that highlighted her figure and made her feel like a princess.

  It was a classic satin dress with an A-line silhouette, with a plunging V-neckline that showed off her delicate collarbone and delicate shoulders.

  The sleeves were long and sheer; it was a balloon type of sleeve as well, with lace inserts at the cuff that added a touch of elegance to the dress.

  However, the real showstopper was the color scheme. The dress was a beautiful beige, like the shade of sunlight on an early summer morning, and the skirt swirled and twirled as the bride walked, giving it a timeless beauty. The dress was accented with delicate sky blue trim, like the cerulean shade of a clear blue sky, that added depth and interest to the gown.