Story Thirty - Star Wars Episode IX (My Version 1st Draft)

Song: "Deep Space Expedition" - Antti Martikainen

Genre (s): Fanfiction/Science Fiction

Written When? Junior to Senior Year of College

Chapter 21

Rey vs. the Supernova (right after Rey learns she's a Palpatine)

        No! Rey could not believe what the man just told her! Her body numbed. She felt like she just turned to stone. Falling to her knees, she grasped each side of her head and tried not to scream.

The man let her arm go and backed away from her. As he disappeared into the deepest, darkest corner of the control room, he held his arms out to his sides and cackled, "Let yourself scream, for it is who you are." Just like that, he vanished and left the traumatized, scarred girl behind.

The tears fell like a monstrous hurricane. Rey punched the ground and did what the hooded man told her to do. She screamed. If what the man told her was true, then she really was a monster. She really was a descendant of evil! She really was the galaxy's worst enemy! Rey screamed so loud that the entire computer room shook.

Ben heard her scream. "Rey!" He stopped P-43 and the Beacerika on their tracks.

The Luggabeast had to stay outside, but it acted as a bodyguard and paced back and forth in front of the building. At every sudden sound, it growled.

In the building, Ben jumped into a run. He scurried in front of the droid and Force-sensitive creature, again yelling, "Rey!" When he reached a long, narrow hallway, he came to a screeching halt and rapidly searched the area. He tried to feel Rey's aura, but it was difficult because she was concealed behind a door.

Luckily, the Beacerika came to Ben's rescue. It hopped down from his shoulder and scurried down the hallway like a mouse.

"Wait!" Ben called. He and P-43 followed the Beacerika to the door of the computer room. Ben used his shoulder to break it down. However, because he did that so quickly, he fell forward and landed with a kasplat on the dirty ground. Rising to his hands and knees, his eyes widened when he saw he was in a computer room, but wait a minute. It looked a little familiar. That's because the Desert Resort used to be a hideout for the First Order. The computers were chock-full of traps that they used against their enemies, particularly the Resistance.

Not only that, but Ben noticed something unsettling in front of one computer and a latch: a bundle.

She shook, as tears streamed down her cheeks.

All the color drained from Ben's face. "Rey!" He hurried to the twitching, traumatized girl on the floor. His eyes landed on the latch, and then on the computer she rested in front of. It was the computer she was interested in when she stumbled into the room in the first place. "Rey!" Ben yelled again, grabbing her arm.

She screamed, for he had her by her injured arm.

Ben held her in his arms. He peered down at her flustered, yet pale face. "What have you done?"

***

Like what he did when he snuck aboard Darth Vader's ship with Luke, Leia, Han, and Obi Wan years ago, Chewie casually landed his and Temiri's X-Wing in The Limpton's ship hanger. They followed a few TIE Silencers in.