Second chance

While Europa had already finished her report and returned it to Rebecca Sabo , Io absolutely wanted her comrade to win . Above all , she wanted Earth people to admire her . To get the victory , she must clear out the other who have not yet turned in their homewrok to the Cosmouse editor . The little girl had entered all the rooms of the participants to sabotage their project . She destroys the photos that have been printed , those that are in USB keys or some other electronic device that could save the report .

Io : He ! He ! He ! Those fools can't win this contest . Their outfits only look like dirty rags !

The last homework to sabotage is the Thea Sisters , unfortunately she couldn't find Paulina and Nicky's homework because they had already given it to Rebecca and Io has no idea where she put it . As for Colette's , she hadn't found it either . Frustrated , the little mouseling finally decided to leave for moment . The next morning , Colette went to the staff room to talk to Rebecca Sabo .

Rebecca : Ah , Colette Mirabeau ! I was just wondering when you would give me your project . I can not wait to see it !

Colette swallowed her saliva . At no price would she have wanted to disappoint the editor of Cosmouse , but in these circumstances she had no choice .

Colette : Well...that's exactly why I'm here , Sabo...I unfortunately can't give it to you...

Rebecca : What ?!

Before Colette had time to answer , Bianca burst into the room .

Bianca : Hello !

She seemed to be in great mood again . When she saw Colette , she hastened to congratulate her .

Bianca : I just ran into Nicky Adrianson , she told me your homework is just amazing !

Rebecca : Well , well...Colette just told me she couldn't give it back to me !

Bianca : What ? Why ?

Rebecca : Yes ! You have to believe that she no longer really wants to try her luck !

Bianca : No , it can't be that . I'm sure there's another explanation , Rebecca ! *to Colette* I know how much you invested in this project...Tell us what happened !

Reassured by the presence of her friend , the young girl explained the reason for her decision .

Colette : I'm sorry , but Pamela is one of my precious friends . I don't want to cause her any trouble !

Rebecca : I am very suprise by what you have just told us , Colette Mirabeau . I don't know many aspiring journalists who would put friendship before the opportunity to get published ! There remains the fact that you have not returned your homework , which is very serious !

Colette looked down . But as she was about to leave .

Rebecca : I want to see your new work on my desk tomorrow morning !

When she left the staff room , Colette began looking for her friends . Seeing Violet , Nicky and Paulina on a bench in the academy's garden , she rushed towards them .

Colette : Girls , you're never going to believe me ! To be honest , it's hard to believe myself !

Paulina : Calm down , Coco and tell us everything from the beginning .

Paulina sat her down . Her voice trembling with emotion , she told them about Pamela's reluctance , her decision not to do her homework and the second chance Rebecca had just given her .

Nicky : Well...you can't say you've been bored these past few hours !

Paulina : And you're in no danger of baying tomorrow !

Colette : Oh no ! The preparation of Modern Princess took me a long time , and this time I only have one day to do everything , from A to Z ! I will never make it !

Violet : Don't panic ! The deadline is short , but we will be with you !

Nicky : That's right ! And Pam will help us !

But instead of comforting Colette , these last words seemed to overwhelm her .

Colette : *tears* Pam ?! Oh no ! When she finds out that I didn't use her photos , she will definitely feel guilty !

Paulina : Come on , Coco , don't worry about her ! She will understand that you did it because you value your friendship very much and you did not want to put it in difficulty !

Violet : Don't worry about your homework ! As we just told you , you can count on us !

Nicky : Well , given the time pressure , let's try to come up with a simple , easy-to-do idea...

Paulina : She's right...Think about what gives your everyday life ! It could be a good starting point !

Colette thought for a moment . Then dabbing her still bright eyes with her pink handkerchief , she gave her friend a smile more eloquent than any speech she had found its subject . Colette headed with a determined step towards the academy .

Colette : Enough chatter ! We have a photo report to make !

Nicky trotted behind her , along with Paulina and Violet .

Nicky : Hey , where are we going ?

Colette : In my room ! I have to find Pamela !

But while Colette was looking for Pamela . Pam was looking for Colette , so the two of them found themselves in the doorway of their room .

Pamela : Coco , where have you been ?!

Then handing her a folder that contained the prints of Modern Princess .

Pamela : You forgot the pictures !

Colette took the file and put it on her desk .

Colette : Thank you , but I don't need it anymore . I decided to make new ones !

Pamela : I knew it ! My moods have made you change your mind ! I did not want-

Colette : Pam , you mean more to me than any homework...but since Rebecca Sabo gave me an extra day , I would like you to help me !

Pamela : Of course , Coco ! Just tell me what to do !

Colette : Nicky , Paulina and Violet advised me to think about what brings joy to my daily life...and I didn't have a moment's hesitation...what make my life beautiful every days...*take Pam's paw* it's to share my room with a mouselet as exceptional as you ! So choose your favorite clothes and...meet me on set !

Shortly after , Colette made a whole series of photos . Then she passed her camera to Violet , who did some shots of her and Pam . When the evening came , Colette selected a number of pictures , including those where she appeared with Pamela , and slipped them into a folder bearing the title "Roomate" . These images spoke of fashion , but even more of two young girls with diametrically opposed styles united by one thing...their immense mutual affection .